The HireMojo Team
Cloud Infrastructure Architect (B2B Agency)
Why you’ll love working here:
- DeanHouston is a growing company, we have made Inc. 500’s list of “5,000 List of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” for the past four years
- Full health, dental, vision insurance package (PPO and HSA options)
- Company-paid life insurance, Paid Time Off policy
- 401K participation with 4% company match
- Located in a suburban location, DeanHouston has an inspiring and productive culture—different from the hectic bustle of a typical downtown creative agency
- We are committed to employee development. We invest in the latest tools, training and software so our employees are on the cutting edge of the creative process
- DeanHouston has over 70 employees worldwide, but the Orland Park, IL office is tight-knit (just under twenty employees) and able to react quickly to clients’ needs
- We enjoy a collaborative team setting flooded with natural light
- DeanHouston promotes a healthy and happy workplace from weekly flowers and fruit baskets to team lunches and other fun gatherings
Education: Computer Science or Similar
Looking for Knowledge in:
- SQL Server or MySQL
- Azure or AWS Cloud Architecture (both preferred)
Application of Azure / AWS for public facing web hosting.
Application of Azure / AWS for mission critical data warehousing.
Ubuntu and IIS experience
- Command Line Experience
- Modern Server Port and Architecture Security Best Practices
- Load Time Optimization (Redis, Memcached and NGINX)
- Resource Allocation Experience (Load Balancers and S3’s)
Nice to Have:
- (Basic) PHP Programming Language
- (Basic) API and Systems Integrations
- Desire to work in a strong team environment
- Ability to multitask
- Be able to pivot on projects and technology
- Eager to learn new technology and systems
- Values communication and seeks clarity
Are you passionate about delivering fast, beautiful web experiences that are viewed by hundreds of users a day? Are you equally as motivated by learning backend development technologies and techniques to interact with some of the biggest data curation services on the market? DeanHouston Chicago’s engineering team is looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Architect to grow their development, database and API skillset.
You will work alongside some of the best marketing minds in the B2B business world while also working on a team of engineers dedicated to building high quality websites and applications. As a Cloud Infrastructure Architect, you will work closely with our senior level Backend Engineer to tackle technical challenges and communicate those challenges and solutions to our marketing, design and project management teams. You will then strategically deploy the solutions through our in-house version controlling system. Over time you will be tasked with assisting with prototyping applications and website database architecture, integrated with some of the largest API services in the world. You will also be tasked with performing server updates and general maintenance for our clients’ hosting environments and databases.
If you are passionate about data architecture and system integrations, are excited to learn from other engineers and team members, and have a whatever it takes attitude to learning new technologies and services then we’d love to talk with you!
Within 1 month, you will:
Learn how code is deployed to our end users through collaboration with the engineering team.
Learn how project tracking works and how to see available budgeted hours for a project.
Familiarize yourself with each team and how to communicate effectively between them.
Gain an understanding of the teams workflow structure and agile processes.
Deploy your first code changes through our version controlling system.
Familiarize yourself with the location of site and service credentials.
Within 2 months, you will:
Deliver small, well-defined web features and functionalities from planning to deployment with guidance.
Be familiar with localized development and deployment processes.
Openly communicate with project managers to deliver progress updates and set delivery expectations.
Pair with our lead Backend Engineer and begin looking at hosting services, api services and any other resources.
Provide feedback in team activities, such as requirement definition, technical design estimation and code reviews.
Work closely with our Front End Engineer to complete site builds and technical data integrations.
Within 3 months, you will:
Be asked to start taking on independent server updates and maintenance.
Start working on technical challenges that involve uptime, load time and security.
Ensure connections are still operational and that our sites are able to function in their current environments efficiently and effectively.
Spin up servers on your own and assign them to new projects while also putting together information needed to deploy data to them.
Within 6 months, you will:
Complete regular performance review evaluations with our Web Development Manager.
Begin improving the quality of existing server architecture and identifying potential areas of improvement within the backend infrastructure.
Identify a technical initiative to pursue that aligns with your career goals and the teams/companies future initiatives.
Surprise Us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to increase the functionality, productivity or skill set of the engineering team in ways we haven’t even considered yet.
Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
DeanHouston, Inc. is a full-service business-to-business marketing communications firm with offices in Cincinnati, Ohio, Orland Park, IL, Ontario, CA, and Shanghai, China. At DeanHouston, we hire passionate, creative, and talented people who are not looking for a job, but for a place where their professional aspirations can be fulfilled.
DeanHouston has an outstanding reputation for providing exceptional integrated marketing and branding programs for our B2B industrial clients working in energy, industrial processing and transportation. A few of our key accounts include: Dover, Lincoln Electric, FRAM, OPW, Autolite, and Prestone.