East Central College has an opening for a part-time Adult Education & Literacy Coordinator responsible for providing program support to the AEL program through training and scheduling literacy volunteers, coordinating student assessments and assisting with new student orientation. Flexible hours both morning and evening required.
This is a grant funded position limited to no more than 17 hours per week and may average just 10-12 hours per week.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Completion of Bachelor's degree in related field or AEL Certification and/or two years adult education related experience.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Update curriculum in Canvas class sites
- Support teachers and students on technical and scheduling issues.
- Assist students from diverse backgrounds and learning levels with patience.
- Assist students with instructional computer assisted programs and computer access issues.
- Represent the AEL program as needed to partner institutions, local industry and community organizations.
- Recruit, train and evaluate volunteers.
- Coordinate with local literacy councils to recruit, train and coordinate placement of volunteers.
- Responsible for day-to-day activities and case management of AEL volunteer tutor program.
- Maintain appropriate records for the program, student progress, volunteer hours and additional as needed.
- Maintain certification by participating in required annual professional development training for recertification
- Monitor activity in the classroom to help ensure a professional and student focused learning environment.
- Assist with the assessment process (including scheduling and administering placement tests, scoring, data entry, and reports.)
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, and standards in a safe and efficient manner, with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Minimum starting salary:
Starting salary is $17.00 per hour.
Visit www.eastcentral.edu/ael for more information, class times and locations.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.