JRDN Restaurant is Tower 23 Hotel's 10,000 square foot award-winning contemporary oceanfront steak and seafood restaurant, featuring casually sophisticated cuisine for lunch + dinner daily, and weekend brunch. The restaurant entices guests with a California-fresh menu that can be experienced in the modern lounge or on the oceanfront terrace.
JRDN Restaurant is currently seeking AM and PM Line Cooks to join our team! The ideal candidate will have experience working in a high-volume, up-market restaurant environment to continue the tradition of excellence and service for which JRDN is known.
Line Cook Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in kitchen preparation and cooking (not fast food)
- Have flexible availability
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must be able to follow printed recipes and plate specifications
- Must maintain personal hygiene in accordance with Health Department standards
Cook Duties and Responsibilities (this is a sampling and not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities):
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range, and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen
Pay range is $17-$19/hour based on experience plus tips.
TOWER23 Hotel is San Diego's only luxury, lifestyle hotel on the beach. TOWER23 Hotel derives its name from lifeguard tower 23 positioned on Pacific Beach by the hotel. The exclusive resort community of La Jolla is just north of the hotel, while downtown San Diego, the airport, major business centers and popular area attractions are just minutes away. San Diego's vibrant beach life sets the stage for TOWER23's distinctive architecture and style.
Our Company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.