The HireMojo Team
The Colony Group seeks a motivated and qualified individual for the position of Wealth Advisor to join our Boston, MA office. The individual selected for this opportunity will be distinguished in academic and professional achievement, dedicated to client service, and have the highest ethical and professional standards of excellence. Wealth Advisors provide a high level and broad range of technical and client management support as part of a financial counseling team and assist in managing all aspects of a client relationship including investments, taxation, estate planning, retirement planning, and insurance.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Leading relationships with high net worth and supporting ultra-high net worth clients by providing high touch comprehensive wealth management services;
- Constructing and ultimately overseeing all aspects of managing multiple client relationships, including:
- Complex analysis and related research related to financial, estate, income tax, and investment planning
- Developing and presenting solutions across the spectrum of wealth management disciplines for existing and prospective clients
- Tax planning and preparation for high-net-worth individuals and their related entities
- Documenting meetings, recommendations and action plans
- Overseeing implementation of agreed upon recommendations
- Coordination with members of the client’s advisory team, including:
- Portfolio managers and operations
- Tax advisors
- Estate counsel
- Other professionals
- Ongoing monitoring and management of the client’s wealth management plan;
- Coordinating and actively participating in client meetings;
- Maintaining an advanced understanding of investments, insurance, taxation, and estate planning, as well as the Company’s approved investment strategies;
- Communicating the full range of the Company’s services and capabilities to clients and prospective clients; and
- Demonstrated ability to expand scope of existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities.
The position requires:
- Four+ years of relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- At least one of the following advanced degrees or designations: CPA, JD, LLM, MST, or CFP®;
- An advanced understanding of matters related to income, gift, and estate taxes, investments, employee benefits, insurance, and personal and philanthropic wealth transfer strategies;
- Experience preparing personal federal and state income tax returns;
- Great interpersonal skills; and
- Analytical expertise, notable attention to detail, and self-initiated follow-through.
The position prefers:
- Experience working with C-suite level corporate executives, private equity partners, and/or venture capital partners;
- Experience analyzing and advising on equity compensation programs; and
- Experience preparing fiduciary tax returns with a primary focus on high-net-worth individuals and families.
The Colony Group, LLC provides investment, wealth management, business management, tax compliance, and other financial advisory services to a multitude of high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth private clients as well as a prestigious base of institutional clients. Founded in 1986 and managed by financial professionals dedicated to providing objective advice and exceptional service, The Colony Group manages over $10 billion in client assets and has offices in Massachusetts, New York, Virginia, Florida, Colorado, Maryland, California and New Hampshire. For more information, please visit www.thecolonygroup.com