The HireMojo Team
The Supply Chain Manager will create leading supply chains that enable GIE to deliver best in class solutions to its customers while ensuring successful and profitable project delivery. The role will work closely with the GIE commercial and technical teams to support the implementation of distributed energy resource solutions.
The selected candidate will be responsible for further building and optimizing a scalable Supply Chain function in GIE and establishing organizational, procedural and behavioral best practices and tools. The role is responsible for strategic sourcing, procurement, supplier management and 3rd party contract management activities for the GIE business.
The business is keen to retain its entrepreneurial approach and remain flexible and nimble in this dynamic, growing business environment, so a “can-do” attitude and adaptability are crucial characteristics for the successful candidate.
The responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Category management and understanding in each of the procurement categories required to support the business including various equipment, technology, service, engineering, construction, operations and maintenance providers
- Supply market research to understand suppliers, competitive dynamics and capabilities across the Distributed Energy value chain
- Monitor supply market to keep abreast of supply market changes, and ensure we stay current with the technologies and capabilities of the market
- Build a network of qualified, capable suppliers and service providers to support growth in existing categories and markets
- Qualify and develop new suppliers and providers to support growth in new market segments and categories
- Manage supplier relationships to build collaborative execution approach with supply base
- Manage RFP processes including preparing scope, specifications and performance expectations to support projects with required supply and services
- Analyze proposal submittals including technical and commercial performance evaluation, and contractual obligations
- Negotiate pricing and commercial terms to implement contracts which minimize risk and protect GIE’s interests
- Manage contract implementation to ensure compliance and adherence to quality and performance expectations
- Develop and implement scalable procurement and supply chain processes that can be replicated across many future projects
GI Energy (GIE) is a leading provider of on-site energy solutions in North America. Using world-class analytics, engineering and outstanding execution, GIE specializes in distributed energy resource development, financing, construction and advisory services. By integrating solutions into clients’ operations, GIE is enabling the future of sustainable distributed energy. GIE helps customers, including utilities, real estate developers and commercial building owners, leverage state-of-the-art technologies to hedge against volatile energy prices, improve energy reliability and reduce environmental impacts, thereby increasing underlying real estate assets.