East Central College seeks a Vice President of Student Development to serve the institution. The ideal candidate will be an innovative, collaborative professional with a passion for student success and the community college mission.
The Vice President of Student Development reports directly to the President of the College and oversees the college's implementation of policies and projects in the departments of Early College and Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, Advising and Counseling, Student Activities and Athletics, Campus Security and general student development..
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- The ideal candidate will hold a Master's degree in student development/affairs, counseling, psychology or related field;
- Five years related experience;
- Three to five years administrative leadership in higher education, including budget management;
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively, show a commitment to student success; possess excellent communication skills; and have experience in overseeing campus security.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize & administer a broad range of programs and services for recruitment, admissions, registration, advisement, financial aid, counseling, student activities and athletics.
- Supervise assigned personnel.
- Serve as institutional compliance coordinator for federal student related laws and regulations, including Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, ADA & FERPA.
- Responsible for oversight of campus security and college emergency planning and implementation.
- Promote effective communication with faculty, staff and the community to meet the objectives of student development programs and services.
- Administer matters pertaining to student appeals regarding academic suspension financial aid, tuition & fees, & disciplinary issues.
- Lead the college's Behavioral Intervention Team, addressing individual student's mental health needs and supporting campus safety.
- Serve as the college transfer and articulation officer for the MO Dept. of Higher Education.
- Develop and recommend student development policies and procedures.
- Prepare, recommend and administer division budgets, approving all expenditures.
- Conduct college business in a professional and ethical manner that includes the College's core values of integrity, diversity, learning, service, empowerment and collaboration.
View job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum starting salary is $90,000 and will commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date: July 1, 2021
East Central College's Main Campus is located in Union, MO which is about 60 minutes west of St. Louis. East Central College has satellite locations in Rolla, MO which is about 60 minutes west of the Main Campus. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.