The HireMojo Team
East Central College has an opening for a new librarian position. The Emerging Technologies Librarian is responsible for managing the library’s electronic services and technical aspects of online resource subscriptions, open education resource curation and cataloging. Responsible for student instruction in use of library resources, maintenance of ILS, and collection development in specific subject areas. Perform professional-level work requiring a wide range of administrative, communication, managerial and technical approaches.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Completion of Master degree in Library Science or Information Technology from ALA accredited institution; or completion of Bachelor degree (education or library) and two year’s library experience.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Maintain the library's web-based integrated library system.
- Manage online resource subscriptions and access.
- Curate open educational resources for campus needs; textbooks.
- Guide faculty in the discovery, creation, dissemination, identification, adoption, and assessment of open and affordable course content; including library licensed content.
- Educate students in the utilization of library resources; instruct in one on one or group classroom settings about the library’s resources.
- Catalog library materials; print, audio/visual, streaming, online.
- Create research guides online and in print.
- Assist Director in library planning; strategic, events, and activities.
- Communicate and conduct reference interviews to obtain the patrons needs; in person, e-mail and chat.
- Provide collection development and faculty liaison services in specific subject areas.
- Train student workers.
- Train library and college staff in use of emerging technologies; OER, streaming databases, etc.
- Troubleshoot problems with technical resources making arrangements for resolution when necessary.
- Copyright compliance for course reserves and general questions for the campus community.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum starting salary: $36,000; Salary will commensurate with experience.
This is a 12 month position.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.