East Central College has an opening for a full-time Biology Instructor at the main campus. Instructor is expected to develop an active learning environment with use of effective instructional technology. Primary course load will be Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology. Secondary assignments may include Anatomy and Physiology I, Anatomy and Physiology II, General Biology. May be required to teach other biology courses based on department needs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Master’s degree in biology or related field with an emphasis in Anatomy and Physiology
- Community college teaching experience preferred
ESSENTIAL TASKS: Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.
- Teach thirty (30) semester credit hours (or the equivalent in lab, studio, clinical, etc. hours) each academic year and maintain 7 office hours per week (as approved) for the purpose of assisting students.
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus, submitted following established guidelines each semester, and approved textbook (and/or related instructional material).
- Maintain student/attendance/grade/discipline records as required by the College; keep appropriate course/department/program/division records, as required by the College.
- Assist in conducting program review; plan, develop and implement activities in support of the Higher Learning Commission, or other agency, accreditation guidelines with regard to student academic achievement (assessment) and their success on outcomes (institutional effectiveness).
- Competency in technology, both instructional/classroom and standard office-type software.
- Instructor may teach a combination of day and/or evening courses. May include teaching on campus and at offsite location in Rolla.
- Communicate effectively in a professional, tactful and courteous manner with students, fellow faculty and staff, and the general public.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
To view full job description, click here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum Starting Salary: $36,961 (nine-month contract of approximately 172 working days); will commensurate with education and years of experience..
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.