East Central College has an opening for a full-time Student Services Specialist responsible for providing students, visitors, faculty and staff with one-stop quality service by sharing accurate information and knowledge in the broad areas of admissions, advising/counseling, financial aid, registration, and other processes administered by the Division of Student Development.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Associate Degree or equivalent; one year related experience.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Serve as first point of contact for new students and community members, in person, online or by telephone, by disseminating college information including academic programs, enrollment processes and financial services.
- Provide information related to campus and community resources as appropriate to the individual student/customer.
- Provide testing information to students and community members including HiSET classes and testing dates.
- Work with students, parents and college personnel to explain financial aid programs and scholarships, as well as financial aid processes. Provide disbursement information to students and parents including availability of funds, balances owed and basic information regarding financial holds, eligibility for financial aid and the college’s satisfactory academic progress policy. Provide assistance and information about financial need, indebtedness and responsibilities associated with obtaining grants, loans and scholarships.
- Assist students in conducting registration activities such as understanding course offerings, adding, dropping, waitlisting, auditing and withdrawing from courses. Provide students with information regarding residency.
- Assist students with online services, including the student portal and online processes.
- Work in the call center to respond to incoming calls by providing accurate information and by responding to incoming emails.
- Provide enrollment and general information services to prospective students to facilitate recruitment/retention efforts.
- Guide prospective students in determining appropriate entry level, completing admission documents, and meeting college requirements. Refer students and visitors to college personnel, according to established protocol.
- Assist with campus events (ie, orientations; open registrations on campus and at satellite sites, college fairs, commencement) and other special projects, as requested.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, other related duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum starting salary: $11.60 per hour; salary will commensurate with experience.
Hours: 40 hours/week, Monday thru Friday, with one or two evenings per week until 6pm.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College's Main Campus is located in Union, MO which is about 60 minutes west of St. Louis. East Central College has satellite locations in Rolla, MO which is about 60 minutes west of the Main Campus. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.