Closing Date: Open until filled. Priority will be given to applications received by 5:00 pm on March 31, 2021.
Salary: $18.46 per hour plus benefits
This position will normally work part-time, working 27 hours per week, work week and weekend hours required. The time will be split between our Colby Central Office and our Broadway Plaza Apartments.
Everett Housing Authority Mission Statement: The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racism with equity for all.
This part time position cleans offices and performs various janitorial functions as assigned. In addition, this position performs various janitorial functions including the regular cleaning and upkeep of Broadway Plaza common areas, trash rooms and employee offices. This worker may be assigned to other locations.
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards
- Works regular and reliable hours on site as required;
- Attendance must be punctual and consistent;
- Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work;
- Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients, and other contacts;
- Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures;
- Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Colby Janitorial Functions:
- Vacuums floors and dusts all surfaces as outlined in work schedule;
- Vacuums all areas at least weekly;
- Cleans bathroom floors, sinks, toilets and floors daily;
- Replenishes bathrooms with tissue, towels, soap and deodorizers;
- Cleans mirrors as needed;
- Cleans kitchen and unloads dishwasher;
- Defrosts and cleans refrigerator once a month;
- Empties all trash containers daily;
- Washes glass entry doors daily;
- Cleans computer room weekly;
- Shampoos carpets and furniture as needed;
- Strips and waxes floors as needed;
- Follows all applicable safety procedures;
- May be assigned to other locations.
Broadway Plaza Janitorial Functions:
- Cleans floors and dusts all surfaces located in building corridors, elevators, lobbies, hallways, laundry rooms and community spaces by vacuuming, sweeping or dry mopping.
- Maintains common area restrooms by sweeping, scrubbing and waxing floors. Disinfect and deodorize lavatories, urinals, toilet bowls, sinks, mirrors and fountains. Replenish bathroom with tissue, towels, soap and deodorizers.
- Clean office spaces (housing management, HOPE Options & Resident Services) by vacuuming, emptying waste baskets and disinfecting any conference room tables or lobby furniture.
- Clean and disinfect restroom and kitchen in HOPE Options offices. This includes replenishing toilet tissue, paper towels, soap, and trash removal.
- Empty all trash containers daily; rotates trash dumpsters daily and sweep trash room floors clear of debris and overflow trash.
- Clean windows and glass entry doors daily.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Education, GED or equivalent
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF/SKILL IN:
- Janitorial work and procedures;
- Cleaners and polishes.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Ability to work well independently;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions;
- Ability to speak and understand English.
Physical Requirement to Fulfill Essential Functions of the Job:
- Standing and walking
- Bending and twisting at waist
- Kneeling and squatting
- Reaching above shoulder
- Repetitive arm and hand movement
- Carrying up to 20#
- Carrying up to 35#
- Carrying up to 50#
- Climbing stairs and ladders
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Must be personally bondable for insurance purposes;
Valid Washington State Driver’s License and good driving record.
At Colby this position works mostly indoors in offices.
At Broadway Plaza this position works indoors and outdoors.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
Prior experience working for a housing authority
Prior experience working as a custodian in an occupied building
Prior experience working with low income and diverse populations
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer