GI Energy’s vision is to be the leading provider of microgrid and distributed energy resources in North America. Through initial feasibility to design, installation, financing, operations and long-term maintenance, we are unique in our range and depth of skills and have a demonstrated track record of success. We are poised to accelerate the growth of the company by delivering compelling and creative solutions to customers that demand energy resiliency, reliability, low carbon footprints and an economic value proposition.
Reporting to the SVP of Construction and Project Management, the Project Manager is responsible to manage project execution activities from planning through completion for the implementation of various distributed energy resource projects including combined heat & power (CHP), fuel cells, energy storage, solar & geothermal technologies for our customers.
The role will be located in Southern CA (LA/Anaheim) and work remotely until it is safe and appropriate to re-open our offices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaise between GI Energy’s internal sales, development, engineering and procurement teams to prepare and manage:
- Project implementation plans and work scopes for various disciplines
- Project implementation and construction schedules
- Project cost estimates and actual cost tracking
- Assist in preparing RFPs responses to customers, and for equipment suppliers and subcontractors
- Coordinate execution planning with suppliers and subcontractors for best quality, safety, cost and schedule performance
- Manage required permitting activities
- Oversee construction management team responsible for implementation of construction projects and ensure safety goals are met
- Manage overall project schedule and budgets
- Liaise with procurement & engineering team to resolve issues and challenges
- Monitor and report on project progress and issues
- Manage relationships with clients, partners, subcontractors and other project stakeholders
- Min 5 years project management and preferably some construction experience in energy systems
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in engineering, construction management or related
- Familiarity with distributed energy resource technologies, including, combined heat & power, fuel cells, energy storage, and microgrids
- Proven experience effectively managing various aspects of projects, including managing scope, budget, schedule, and permitting
- Proactive problem solving approach with an eye towards risk management / mitigation
- Comfortable in client-facing situations
- Ability to work in small teams within a faced-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, MS Project, and Salesforce (or related CRM software)
The GI Energy team offers a unique approach to developing and implementing energy projects at customer sites. This approach begins with a thorough analysis of actual energy use and prevailing market conditions. We take into account local utility tariffs, available incentives and the best technologies from across the Distributed Energy Resource (DER) sector.
GI Energy is a leader in providing our customers with intelligent energy solutions. Since 2001, we have harnessed core technologies in geothermal heating and cooling and combined heat and power/cogeneration (CHP) to deliver turnkey distributed energy solutions across a range of US and European markets.
What follows is a highly focused design and engineering phase, which seeks to exploit the latest technological innovations to provide real-world solutions that reduce energy usage, greenhouse gas emissions and operating costs. Our team of experienced engineers and project managers ensures that energy solutions are designed to the highest industry standards. We also employ proven processes to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
Finally, GI Energy’s highly efficient installations are underpinned by exceptional end-to-end service and after sales support.