GI Energy’s vision is to be the leading provider of microgrid and distributed energy resources in North America. Through initial feasibility to design, installation, financing, operations and long-term maintenance, we are unique in our range and depth of skills and have a demonstrated track record of success. We are poised to accelerate the growth of the company by delivering compelling and creative solutions to customers that demand energy resiliency, reliability, low carbon footprints and an economic value proposition.
Reporting to the Project Manager or SVP Construction and Project Management, the Construction Manager is responsible to manage construction activities for the implementation of various distributed energy resource projects including combined heat & power (CHP), fuel cells, energy storage, solar & geothermal technologies for our customers.
The role will be primarily focused at customer project sites in either northern CA (SFO/Sacramento area) or southern CA (LA/Riverside area). Candidates will be assigned to projects in either area based upon their primary residential location.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee various aspects of construction projects from planning to completion
- Monitor construction schedules and update progress accordingly
- Coordinate subcontractor and supplier activities and schedules in the field
- Manage onsite construction to ensure compliance with applicable scope, construction specs, codes and safety regulations
- Coordinate and resolve RFIs between contractors and customers
- Prepare and maintain job status reports
- Manage the onsite relationship with the client and other project stakeholders
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Maintain effective relationships with customers, partners, suppliers and subcontractors
- Min 5 years in construction management experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in construction management or related
- Familiarity with energy related construction preferably with distributed energy resource technologies, including combined heat & power, fuel cells, energy storage, and microgrids
- Proven experience effectively managing various aspects of construction, including managing scope, budget, schedule, and permitting
- Proactive problem solving approach with an eye towards risk management / mitigation
- Comfortable in client-facing situations
- Ability to work in small teams within a faced-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and MS Project
The GI Energy team offers a unique approach to developing and implementing energy projects at customer sites. This approach begins with a thorough analysis of actual energy use and prevailing market conditions. We take into account local utility tariffs, available incentives and the best technologies from across the Distributed Energy Resource (DER) sector.
GI Energy is a leader in providing our customers with intelligent energy solutions. Since 2001, we have harnessed core technologies in geothermal heating and cooling and combined heat and power/cogeneration (CHP) to deliver turnkey distributed energy solutions across a range of US and European markets.
What follows is a highly focused design and engineering phase, which seeks to exploit the latest technological innovations to provide real-world solutions that reduce energy usage, greenhouse gas emissions and operating costs. Our team of experienced engineers and project managers ensures that energy solutions are designed to the highest industry standards. We also employ proven processes to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
Finally, GI Energy’s highly efficient installations are underpinned by exceptional end-to-end service and after sales support.