Staff Accountant 1– exciting remote opportunity!
Are you looking for a great opportunity to use your strong accounting skills and work remotely? Look no further! Brigade is an award winning bookkeeping and accounting firm with over 200 corporate and small business clients in the Miami area and sprinkled across the US. This is your opportunity to join a dynamic and tight-knit team of accountants, bookkeepers and CPA’s dedicated to providing excellent accounting solutions in an energetic and family oriented environment. Even though we are all working remotely in our new normal, and have not skipped a beat this year, we guarantee you will feel the love!
We are currently rebranding from Brigade Bookkeeping to Brigade to reflect our evolving model. We are not your traditional bookkeeping firm nor are we your traditional public accounting firm, but rather the liaison between our clients and their tax accountant or audit firm. Our team meets with clients monthly to discuss their financial reports and ensures the books are ready for our client’s CPA or audit firm.
Why join Brigade?
Our strong culture is our differentiator. We are a fun, energetic and respectful team of professionals who are dedicated and hardworking self-starters. We value a good balance between work obligations and personal life needs. Our core values are what make us so successful: Eat That Frog (don’t dread a big and important to-do), Spread Good Vibes (think positively and enjoy your work life), Speak Up! (open, honest communication is our way of building trust), Leave No One Behind (we’re all in this together), Get $h!t Done (eliminate your to-dos and tackle them quickly and head-on), Set It, Review It, Zero Errors (automate the process, allow more time to review your work instead of doing your work), and Take Charge (be assertive and don’t wait for things to happen, schedule out your calendar, respect your time and set expectations with your clients). Be sure to visit us at www.hellobrigade.com to learn more about our team and what we do.
About the position:
Traits required for success:
Our ideal candidate thrives in an intense and fast-paced environment, while maintaining focus and attention to detail. You must be able to work quickly and efficiently, while providing excellent customer service to our clients. Strong follow through with high standards of quality and accuracy are mission critical for success at Brigade.
Snapshot of key accountabilities:
- Prepare and record journal entries, adjustments and monthly reconciliations in various accounting platforms
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales taxes
- Prepare quarterly and annual payroll tax returns: 941’s, RT-6’s, 940
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial reports
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and select profit and loss accounts
- Manage AP and AR for clients
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Perform QuickBooks file clean ups for newly assigned clients, including standardizing chart of accounts
- Schedule Zoom meetings with clients to discuss month-end and/or year-end financial reports
- Review work performed by Accounting Assistant
- Participate in monthly 1:1 check-ins with CEO and attend daily huddle
- 2 years full cycle accounting experience
- Must have experience dealing with multiple clients (public accounting) or entities (corporate accounting)
- Proficient with QuickBooks (desktop and online) and Xero
- Proficient with MS Office
- Bachelors in Accounting is mandatory
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision
- Must display a professional and positive attitude
We are committed to our core values, and to that end we are offering a base salary of $45,000 with up to $13,300 in incentives/bonuses that are based on our core values.
We offer health insurance, 401k with matching, and UNLIMITED PTO!
The Brigade Bookkeeping team understands that small and medium sized businesses depend on their financial stability and growth to remain competitive in the current business climate. We have created a company that offers the total solution for your small business accounting needs.