- Independent review and processing of applications received to lease a HavenBrook home based on active underwriting guidelines, evaluation of third-party credit and criminal reports and objective assessment of documentation received from the applicant(s).
- Coordinates and communicates with market operational and leasing teams, applicants and other support departments to complete screening of applications and address issues/requests as needed.
- Lead the coordination of activities to comply and resolve code violations and rental license expirations on our rental homes.
- Periodic reporting and analysis of code violation and rental license activity to management.
- Assists in maintaining and improving monthly/weekly reports, internal dashboards and select single-family rental portfolio reporting deliverables.
- Develop an acute understanding of the business and the drivers of success to effectively assist the needs and objectives of our company.
- Participates in operational projects as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Efficient time management to multi-task numerous daily activities.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Keen eye for detail to identify data discrepancies that require further inquiry and research.
- Critical thinker to handle unexpected and unusual situations that require creative solutions that preserve the company’s best interests which maintaining required regulatory compliance.
- Strong work ethic with a strong track record for meeting delivery commitments.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills with high degree of comfort in review and collation of big data.
- High degree of integrity to handle confidential / sensitive data with due care and diligence.
- Strong team player to ensure work gets done properly, timely and well.
- Positive attitude with a strong ability to adapt to change in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong Math skills and a good understanding of Fair Housing and other compliance or regulatory requirements that encompass the Underwriting function/SFR Industry.
- Must be willing to work weekends on a rotational schedule.
Physical demands are considered to be that of an office environment, climate controlled, with minimal physical exertion. The position requires prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a computer and interaction with others in meetings and/or via phone.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/analytics/finance or related fields preferred.
- 2+ Years underwriting, operational or compliance experience in SFR or multifamily preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS word.
- Experience in YARDI/other SFR industry software systems preferred.
Based in Metro Atlanta, HavenBrook Homes specializes in acquiring, renovating, leasing and managing single family rental homes, with a focus on delivering outstanding customer service. We are a rapidly growing company that currently offers homes for rent in Georgia, Florida, Minnesota and Alabama. In the workplace, we believe it’s possible to work hard, have fun and maintain the highest standards of professionalism at the same time.