The Turn Technician reports to and works closely with the field office Renovation Manager to perform turnkey services for a given portfolio of homes at lease expiration or new acquisition status. Primary responsibilities of the role include in-house turnkey completion, scoping, bid completion, local code/permitting compliance, scheduling, and ensuring that homes are lease ready when they exit renovation.
- Performs the development and execution of an efficient and timely turn process for a portfolio of homes. This includes turns from departing renters and major capital work projects in occupied homes. Must have the ability to manage the turn process from the start to delivery of a lease ready home to the Property Management group.
- Conducts move-out inspections to determine security deposit reconciliation. If a deposit hold-back is necessary, will scope the cost of the repairs needed and communicate to the Property Management group.
- Monitors any work being done by local general contractors or third party sub-contractors and conducts inspections to verify work completion.
- Conduct walk through inspections and create punch list and complete the listed items.
- Complete acceptance walks to ensure that homes have been completed to HavenBrook’s standards prior to transferring to Property Management.
- Drive and maintain an assigned company vehicle while adhering to the policy and procedures of the HavenBrook vehicle policy.
- Will be ultimately responsible for representing HavenBrook Homes in a positive light at all times while being flexible, with a strong desire for excellent customer service.
- Must understand basic construction, project management and repair work in order to perform scope setting, as well as complete maintenance tasks to deliver a rent ready home.
- Must have a strong understanding of the local permitting processes necessary to complete the jobs while staying in compliance.
- An understanding of basic house construction OSHA requirements will be required to ensure work site safety.
- Must have the ability to utilize a formal scheduling system to maintain all job schedules and report the status of assigned houses on a timely basis.
- Must be highly organized and deadline driven to execute timely scheduling and completion of homes in a high-paced, high-volume environment.
- Must have the ability to analyze job cost variance data and take corrective action as needed.
- Consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with co-workers, vendors and inspectors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Must have a collaborative attitude in working with various positions within the company.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers/tablets/iPads in order to learn various scheduling and invoicing software. Excel and Word a strong plus.
- Must act ethically at all times and maintain strict confidence with all sensitive and confidential information and protect HavenBrook’s propriety knowledge and information.
- Must have a strong work ethic that does not require constant management and follow-up.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- Unit preparation to include removal of remaining items, drywall repair, paint/wallpaper, minor plumbing and electrical repairs, etc.
- Order supplies within budget
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Successfully execute HavenBrook’s standard related to service work orders and vacant home turns
Physical demands are considered to be that of a light construction or a maintenance position. Must be able to work in all types of weather. Ability to lift up to 80lbs occasionally. Position requires prolonged standing and walking. Requires the ability to climb ladders, stairs, be on roof tops, operate in crawl spaces, stooping, kneeling, crouching and bending. Must have good hand/eye coordination and color perception. Will be exposed to paint fumes and dust. Must be able to operate a company vehicle in order to make site visits.
High School diploma or GED required. Trade school training a plus. Three years of verifiable construction or maintenance experience required. Previous Superintendent or Project Manager experience strongly preferred. A valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
Based in Metro Atlanta, HavenBrook Homes specializes in acquiring, renovating, leasing and managing single family rental homes, with a focus on delivering outstanding customer service. We are a rapidly growing company that currently offers homes for rent in Georgia, Florida, Minnesota and Alabama. In the workplace, we believe it’s possible to work hard, have fun and maintain the highest standards of professionalism at the same time.