EAST CENTRAL COLLEGE has an immediate opening for a full-time Custodian for the evening shift to perform general custodial duties related to the maintenance and cleaning of classrooms, offices, and other areas in assigned buildings and facilities. Adjustment of hours and/or weekend work may be required.
Evening Shift Hours: Monday - Thursday 4pm - 12:30am & Friday 12pm - 8:30pm.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year related custodial/housekeeping experience.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Clean and sanitize restrooms daily which includes floors, fixtures, mirrors, and doors.
- Arrange equipment and furnishings (e.g. furniture arrangements, tables, chairs, bleachers, etc.) for the purpose of providing adequate arrangements for meetings, classroom activities and events.
- Strip, scrub, apply floor finish, buff, and refinish hard surface floors.
- Operate custodial equipment, supplies, and chemicals in a safe and effective manner.
- Assist with snow removal.
- Maintain custodial supplies and equipment (e.g. cleaning solutions, paper products, custodial tools, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of items required to properly maintain facilities.
- Be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
- Work with exposure to cleaning solutions, disinfectants, chemicals, bacteria, and bodily fluids. Will be required to wear protective gear and follow proper safety precautions.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College's Main Campus is located in Union, MO which is about 60 minutes west of St. Louis. East Central College has satellite locations in Rolla, MO which is about 60 minutes west of the Main Campus. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.