East Central College has an opening for a full-time Learning Center Specialist responsible for providing one-on-one instruction to students in Math/Science or STEM coursework and facilitating workshops and group tutoring sessions. Schedule will be determined each semester based on tutoring needs and student class schedules; day or evening hours may be required.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of Associate's degree in related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year related experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Provide tutoring services to students in one-on-one instruction, online or group session environments.
- Ensure a professional and student focused learning environment during tutoring sessions.
- Provide students assistance with word processing, presentation or course management software, instructional computer software, and computer access issues (usernames, passwords, etc).
- Maintain accurate and complete records to document tutoring services provided and activities conducted.
- Design and implement one-on-one instruction and group sessions to encourage student usage of services including but not limited to time management, testing taking strategies, study skills, and course specific topics.
- Participate in tutor certifications courses.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum Starting Salary $12.80 per hour. Salary will commensurate with experience
East Central College's Main Campus is located in Union, MO which is about 60 minutes west of St. Louis. East Central College has satellite locations in Rolla, MO which is about 60 minutes west of the Main Campus. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.