Who is Waterton?
We are passionate about delivering an incredible Resident Experience, which we believe is made possible by offering an extraordinary experience for our talented associates. We value performance that delivers experiences that exceed expectations, coupled with an unwavering commitment to Investor, Guest, and Resident service excellence. With over 22 years of investment and property management experience, we strive to exemplify what we call Resitality®.
We are looking for a talented Service Technician II to join our team!
The Service Technician II will help maintain the physical condition of community and equipment according to company guidelines and standards, and protecting the community and equipment from damage, loss, and deterioration. This position conducts preventative maintenance, performs janitorial duties, landscaping and service requests.
How you will contribute to our team:
- Service Requests: You will ensure service requests are completed professionally and accurately within twenty-four (24) hours, which may include scheduling an appropriate vendor if necessary. You will ensure that all service requests are signed off and you will report any variance from our 24-hour commitment where appropriate.
- Preventive Maintenance: You will update, execute and document preventive maintenance schedule on a regular basis and advise your manager of outstanding items.
- Property Inspections and Maintenance: You will perform regular property inspections to ensure compliance with established standards regarding the grounds, risk management, safety, cleanliness and general appearance, including cleanliness and landscaping management.
- Resident Relations: As a “front line” employee who interacts very regularly with our residents, you will work to establish and maintain good relations with residents, prospective residents, all customers, vendors and co-workers. You will use your communication skills to interact in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Occupancy Management: You and your team will ensure apartments are ready for occupancy by overseeing and scheduling all facets of the make-ready process in accordance with leasing needs and as outlined in the Waterton Residential Standards of Performance. This includes but is not limited to move out/move in inspections, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, carpet cleaning/replacement, painting, equipment maintenance, preventive maintenance and cleaning.
- Maintain Commitment to Safety: You will maintain life safety equipment including but not limited to fire pumps, sprinklers, emergency generators, fire panels, smoke detectors, CO detectors, etc., including testing equipment as required. You will ensure there is a safe, clean and organized work environment (i.e. shop, pool maintenance room, storage areas). You will utilize all reasonable safety measures and precautions.
- Overall: You’ll be an excellent teammate who helps deliver departmental and organizational goals.
What our ideal candidate looks like:
- You’ve “been there, done that”. Our ideal candidate a minimum of two (2) years of plumbing, electrical, mechanical, drywall repairs, carpentry, and/or pool/spa maintenance experience.
- You have some credentials. We require a High School Diploma or equivalent. In addition, you must have your EPA-CFC Certification. An EPA-LBP certification is required for any property older than 1978.
- You’re a great communicator. You easily manage relationships and build rapport with others, and you’re a pro at motivating others.
- You’re a fixer. You demonstrate tact and empathy when dealing with Resident concerns, and you work to resolve them quickly, never losing sight of the criticality of customer service.
Waterton has grown from very humble beginnings with one phone and two desks to the successful, nationally recognized real estate investment and management firm it is today. As Waterton has evolved and grown, one thing has remained constant, the drive to achieve results by exceeding expectations.
Our Associates embrace and embody The Waterton Way, which serves as our core values: Be Nice, Listen and Talk, Own It, Get It Done, and most importantly Have Fun. We look for exceptional candidates with the passion and expertise that it takes to wow every resident, guest, and investor.
We firmly believe that our superior ability to serve our customers differentiates us. We empower our Associates to think and act like an owner and use the Waterton Way to serve our residents and guests in a way that exceeds their expectations, going above and beyond to create the ultimate service experience or what we call Resitality®!
TalentWoo partners with trusted real estate brands across the United States to offer customized talent acquisition and onboarding solutions. As a boutique Recruiting Process Outsourcing (RPO) company, we have helped thousands of people find their "first," and their "next" career in the real estate industry.