You're a Financial Manager that loves to innovate and optimize current processes for new businesses. You're a lover of technology, that thinks in a solution-orientated way when presented with a challenge. Your past experience of forward-thinking will be embrassed by entrepreneurs looking for guidance. You love to grow and develop your skills and network by partnering with an established entrepreneurial leadership team.
Rock City Centre Holdings (“RCCH”) is a rapidly growing connected network of philanthropic and for-profit enterprises that leverage innovation and technology. Some of these entities include UpVentures Capital, Rock City Centre, Rock City Development, UpMobility Foundation, Entrepreneurs Across Borders, and the Upstate Jobs Party.
Reporting to the CFO/COO, the Finance Manager leads the day-to-day accounting and financial activities of several business units within Rock City Centre Holdings. This is a hands-on role following the transaction flow from operating platforms and documents into QuickBooks online, conducting month-end close, maintaining GL, chart of accounts, and other accounting functions including budgeting, forecast, and consolidated financial reporting.
Your active contribution to enhancing our operations presents a significant opportunity for career development and growth across the RCCH enterprises.
This position requires on-site presence at Rock City Centre. Candidates who live within commuting distance are preferred.
Your Day-to-day responsibilities will involve:
- Implement efficient end-to-end accounting for RCCH and its clients
- Create an efficient system to provide timely and accurate financial reporting of all business units.
- Present financial results to Management.
- Manage payroll, ARAP processes, ensuring best in class accounting processes
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and preparation of financial reports across all business units in RCCH
- Lead implementation of business systems and processes across various business units
- Lead annual tax return process of various business units and submit all necessary documentation to an external accounting firm.
- With 3+ Years of operations/financial management experience: At least 3 years of business operations experience inside a company with diverse operations. Proven ability to develop and implement business processes that integrate with back-end financial systems/ERP-level systems is important.
- Strong communications and group interaction skills: Interacting and communicating with other stakeholders is something you enjoy, including expanding your own network of relationships. Your personal reputation is important - others want to work with you because you consistently deliver on expectations.
- Strong Research & Analytical skills: You love to research/analyze data and come up with meaningful conclusions.
- Self-starter & detail-oriented multi-tasker: You have the ability to work independently in setting your daily priorities and operate with a minimum amount of supervision. You thrive on learning new things to expand your knowledge. Working across multiple projects at once is not the exception, but your norm. You are an individual contributor that makes sure your submitted work product is accurate - and are used to being held accountable for your accuracy.
- Tech Oriented:
- Strong working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Sheets) and DropBox.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong working knowledge of Quick Books Online and/or other accounting software packages
Headquartered in the newly constructed and technologically advanced Rock City Centre, RCCH leadership has an established track record of helping entrepreneurs grow successful companies, philanthropy driving social change to build strong families and communities, and active engagement in public policy and political reform.