Frustrated and bored with the heads-down corporate cubicle environment? Do you thrive on working on a diverse set of processes and organizations that brings a challenging variety each day? How much do you value working independently and with others who seek to understand before asking to be understood? Are you that rare accounting person that likes spotting patterns in the numbers to help guide management decision-making? If these qualities matter, and you can show a commitment to both top-quality work products and passion for learning and creating new processes, we want YOU to join our fast-moving team.
As a member of our accounting team based in Little Falls, NY headquartered at the newly constructed Rock City Centre, your mission will be to update and maintain the financial records of entities operated by RCCH. As a motivated, independent thinker, your hands-on expertise with AP/AR, payroll, data management, account reconciliations, recording journal entries, creating detailed reports, financial reporting, and software training & interfacing will allow you to hit the ground running. Professional experience in the advanced bookkeeper/accounting paired with a desire to rapidly grow and develop, makes you a good fit to join our expanding team in pursuing high impact goals with purpose not found inside traditional companies..
Required qualifications include but are not limited to:
- 3-5 years experience in full cycle bookkeeping/accounting;
- Strong working knowledge of QuickBooks Online and/or other accounting software package;
- Strong working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Sheets) and DropBox;
- Advanced administrative, organizational, time management, and follow up skills;
- Detailed oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with little supervision;
- Aware of the confidentiality of the position and maintain a high degree of integrity;
- Understand GAAP principles and financial statements; and
- Ability to manage multiple entities and meet tight deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to use a variety of software applications and/or learn the applications of unfamiliar software as required
- Understanding tax regulations/compliance matters of 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations is a plus, but not required.
Rock City Centre Holdings (“RCCH”) is a rapidly growing single-family investment office with an established track record of helping entrepreneurs grow successful companies, philanthropy driving social change in building strong communities, and active engagement in public policy and political reform. RCCH provides management and operational services to a number of entities including: UpVentures Capital, Rock City Centre, Rock City Development, UpMobility Foundation