The Archer Hotel New York is seeking an outgoing, customer service focused hospitality professional to fill the role of Assistant Front Office Manager. We are looking for someone who is positive, energetic, and will fit in with our fun environment and grow with our company.
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing suite
revenue and occupancy. He/she is also responsible for all reservation and inquiry calls during
their shift. In addition, this position will assist the Assistant General Manager/Director of Guest
Services in training and supervising other employees. He/she is expected to develop superior
service skills in dealing with clients, guests, and co-workers.
- Passion for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay.
- Ensure high standards in customer service including reservations, guest check-in and check-out, billing and inquires.
- Assist the AGM/DGS/GM in supervising and training front desk staff.
- Maximize suite revenue and occupancy.
- Creating a positive team-oriented environment focused on the guest.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Must be a hands-on manager.
HOTEL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED**
- Prior luxury/upscale or boutique hotel experience required.
- Knowledge of Forbes standards required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in computer business software applications such as Word and Excel
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must be available to work all shifts.
The Archer Hotel New York is a part of LodgeWorks, a hotel management and development company based in Wichita, Kansas with 950+ employees nationwide. Our multi-brand strategy includes Archer, Hyatt Place, HYATT house, Aloft, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton, and other high quality, nationally branded products. We are industry innovators with a rich history and a strong family culture. At LodgeWorks, hospitality is more than just the industry in which we work. It defines everything we do. Hospitality is the single most important element of our organization – the foundation upon which everything is built.
Our benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401(k) with employer match, Term Life Insurance at no cost to the employee, additional Supplemental Term Life Insurance available at a minimal cost to the employee, Long and Short-Term Disability benefits at no cost to the employee, and much more for full-time positions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and have a lot to offer individuals interested in joining our team.
Archer Hotel New York is in midtown Manhattan, just off West 38th Street, between 5th and 6th Avenues. The 22-story, 180- room, industrial-chic hotel is a welcoming residence filled with quirky, curated luxuries and a sincere staff that consistently ranks in the top 5% of all New York hotels on TripAdvisor. Just blocks from the Theater District, Fifth Avenue, Bryant Park and Times Square, this Garment District gem is home to the bold American menus of Charlie Palmer Steak and Spyglass®, a rooftop bar with stunning views of the city and the Empire State Building.