San Francisco, California - Full-time, salaried employee $55-$65K + benefits
Sniff San Francisco is a locally owned dog walking, training and boarding company. This is an entry-level position that offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, training to become a permitted dog walker as well as ongoing training, and opportunities for career growth within the organization into supervisory roles. This is a full-time employee position. Each day starts at roughly 8:00 am and ends at about 4 pm (M-F).
The individual must be active, passionate about dogs, and dependable team players. The dogs in our care romp, play chase, fetch, tug, and know how to have a good time. It's not all easy. We work with dogs to help them grow and thrive.
Since starting Sniff San Francisco in late 2013, we have built a solid reputation across an expanding base of clients and are currently Yelp's top-ranked dog walking company in San Francisco (woof woof!).
Our approach to dog care is refreshingly different and predicated on a simple precept of engagement. We take a long-term view of each of our client relationships and treat the dogs as our own and the moms and dads as our friends. All of Sniff's dog walkers arrive at the park at about the same time so you're never alone.
- Learn how to supervise dogs in off-leash play, whether it's playful bouts of wrestling, chase, keep-away or fetch;
- Develop reliable techniques for reinforcing and developing essential safety commands with dogs; and
- Use reward-based methods, such as wholesome freeze-dried treats, praise, and various forms of affection to promote positive behavior.
Watch a short facebook video: https://fb.watch/5WoBsHJsiZ/
The ideal candidate is someone who loves dogs, doesn't mind clocking in the mileage walking uphill and down (We operate on foot!), finds it easy to connect with folks, is articulate, and is a team player.
- Thrives in the care and development of dogs;
- Capable of collaborating as a part of a team and actively contributes to a team;
- Strong communication (written & verbal) and customer service orientation;
- Comfortable being outdoors and walking in the city.
Sniff San Francisco is a locally owned dog walking, training and boarding company. Our approach to dog care is refreshingly different and is predicated on a simple precept of engagement. We engage not only the dogs under our care but also their moms and dads, our clients. We take a long-term view of our relationship with each client and think of it as a partnership.
All of our people are full-time, salaried employees who receive a range of employee benefits.