East Central College has an opening for a part time HVAC Instructional Program Assistant responsible for providing support services for HVAC laboratory set-up demonstrations, including maintaining the equipment and inventory records for the laboratory and equipment. Day or Evening schedules available.
Day Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am-11:30am
Evening Schedule: Monday - Wednesday 5:30pm - 9:45pm
Anticipated start date: August 2021
ESSENTIAL TASKS: Employee must be able to perform the following functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.
- Set up and store laboratory materials, equipment, and other related items, which may involve examination of exercises and demonstrations as described in manuals and textbooks to determine if the proposed exercise can be performed as written or modified to fit available equipment. Follow all safety regulations.
- Schedule preparation and set-up of laboratory exercises and demonstrations based on instructors’ syllabi including preparing and setting up equipment deemed to be too hazardous for students to handle.
- Maintain the laboratory storage facility and an orderly storage area.
- Store and dispose of hazardous wastes using procedures that insure safety and legal restrictions are met; assist in informing faculty and staff of proper procedures. Maintain documentation in an organized, accessible fashion.
- Assist with maintaining the laboratory in a clean and orderly fashion; maintain records on pieces of equipment. Maintain records of any equipment stored at off-campus storage locations.
- Prepare, receive, unpack, and store apparatus, supplies, and special equipment, maintaining a permanent inventory record system of the kind, number, and costs of articles.
View job description here.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Associate’s degree in HVAC or related field and one year related work experience.
Minimum starting salary: $12.80 per hour; commensurate with experience. Free tuition for ECC credit classes.
This is a part-time position, not to exceed 19.75 hours per week.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College's Main Campus is located in Union, MO which is about 60 minutes west of St. Louis. East Central College has satellite locations in Rolla, MO which is about 60 minutes west of the Main Campus. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.