Reports to the Tasting Room General Manager
As Sous Chef of Pali Wine Co. Art’s District Location, your job oversees all culinary activities and will include but not be held to the following duties:
- Supervise the efficient work of kitchen staff in all culinary activities.
- Create daily preparation lists and delegate tasks appropriately.
- Ensure promptness, freshness and quality of dishes.
- Monitor food inventory and ensure sufficient on-hand supplies.
- Place and oversee required purchase orders for daily, weekly and monthly purchases.
- Oversee menu production and work with GM to train staff on menu items and suggest wine pairings.
- Develop new recipes requested by Owners and Management in a timely manner.
- Standardize all recipes.
- Monitor quality, quantity and pricing of all products received; make appropriate decisions/modifications when needed.
- Maintain equipment required for kitchen team to prepare food.
- Regulate safe practices of employees.
- In concert with the GM, develops menus for private events, Wine Club events and Winemaker dinners and acquire necessary food, manage costs and assist with pricing.
- Ensure sanitation in all activities.
- Assist with resolution to all customer issues involving food.
- Manage all waste.
- Ensure optimal level of food quality and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a hygienic environment at all times.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Outlook, Word; experience with e-commerce platforms, social media and POS experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Food and wine knowledge preferred
- Prior sales experience
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, some evenings, and adapt to a flexible schedule
- This position will involve the ability to lift, carry and/or transport 40 pounds (a case of wine) is necessary
- Full time employment
Established in 2005, Pali Wine Company is located in the City of Lompoc in Santa Barbara County and is dedicated to crafting premium wines with a focus on Pinot Noir. For the past ten years, Pali has experienced substantial growth and is currently distributed throughout the country and the world. The company is now particularly focused on direct-to-consumer sales and is opening tasting rooms in Southern and Central California. We currently have five tasting rooms.