The Padre Hotel is looking to immediately hire qualified, enthusiastic, part-time Housekeeping Room Attendants. We are looking for world-class employees who go the extra mile and create the atmosphere that keeps our guests coming back time and time again.
Located in the bustling Downtown Arts District, Bakersfield’s Historic Padre Hotel is proudly the only Four Diamond hotel in Kern County. Our property offers distinct entertainment venues including a fine dining restaurant, a hip night club, a nostalgically happening bar, and a bustling outdoor bar and lounge, all within a beautifully appointed environment for our guests.
- Preferably 1-2 years experience in Hospitality/Housekeeping.
- Be able to maintain The Padre Hotel standards of cleanliness in an efficient professional manner and contribute to an excellent guest experience.
- Have a positive, team-oriented attitude with a focus on providing an excellent guest experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods and seasons.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Must be able to frequently walk, climb stairs, bend, stoop, squat, stand, and lift/carry less than or equal to 50 lbs.
Example of Duties (this is a sampling and not an all-inclusive list):
• Cleaning of guest rooms to include toilets, floors, showers, baseboards, and replacing of paper products/soap.
• Proper use and storage of supplies and tools
• May use and be accountable for equipment such as a power scrubber / washer, vacuum, toilet plunger, toilet snake, cardboard compactor, and radios
• Ensure that special requests for cleanliness, maintenance and appearance of guest rooms are met.
• Dusting all areas floor to ceiling on a regular basis
• Report any and all maintenance issues to proper department or supervisor
• Ensure stayover service is completed for all multi-night stays including changing of sheets, replacing used linen clean towels and toiletries
• Ensure all tiled floors are cleaned on a daily basis and carpet spaces are properly vacuumed.
• Ensure customer experience meets or exceeds expectations. Handle customers’ concerns and requests with a positive attitude.
• Notify supervisor if any items are in low inventory.
• Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct.
• Ensures the proper maintenance of all departed related equipment.
• Other duties may be assigned by the Housekeeping Manager, Hotel Manager, and General Manager.
**Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.**
This venue is operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep. In return, we offer competitive wages and caring, attentive management personnel. Employees are eligible for generous discounts at all venues operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep.
The Padre Hotel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Padre Hotel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Padre Hotel utilizes E-Verify to confirm all hired applicants’ right to work in the USA.