Starting Salary Range: $6,542 - $8,508 DOE per month plus benefits
This position will remain open until filled with priority given to applications received by 5:00 PM, Friday, July 9, 2021.
Everett Housing Authority Mission Statement: The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racism with equity for all.
Your work will directly influence the execution of construction management activities aimed to primarily serve Communities of Opportunity; and address the effects of institutional racism by championing diversity, equity and inclusion.
What can you expect from us?
- A creative work environment and colleagues who are mission driven, collaborative, creative and challenging.
- Opportunity to grow professionally with excellent community minded projects that will directly impact the people we serve
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we offer that as well!
- Up to 22 days of paid vacation yearly;
- 13 paid sick leave days;
- 12 paid scheduled holidays plus 1 addition floating holiday per year;
- Medical Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- State Retirement Fund;
- Flexible work schedule,
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness Program;
- Tuition reimbursement.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Construction Manager will lead Everett Housing Authority’s construction management and quality assurance and quality control activities for existing capital improvement projects & larger scale building renovations. Under general supervision of the Director of Development, the Construction Manager will lead the management and technical documentation of construction activities including but not limited to: interdepartmental collaboration, bid procurement & analysis, contract development, project engineering, budget management, reporting, project delivery & field management oversight, project pay application & draw construction administration, project closeout, and departmental planning.
REQUIRED FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
As a Construction Manager at the Everett Housing Authority (EHA), you will:
• Lead departmental activities related to the construction planning and execution of capital improvement projects.
• Lead departmental activities related to the construction planning and execution of large scale building renovation projects.
• Lead quality control and quality assurance field oversight activities for large scale new and renovation projects as directed by the Director of Development.
• Plan, organize and assist in the management and documentation of construction contracts; review contract specifications and drawings received from outside architects and engineering consulting firms to assure compliance with approved project specifications.
• Assist and support the Procurement Department to prepare and write Request For Proposals and Invitations For Bids; prepare construction contract specifications and bid packages. Responsible for understanding contract documents and answering subcontractor/vendor and associated field personnel questions.
• Manage communications and problem solving for departmental collaboration with property management, maintenance, asset management, and community residents.
• Provide project engineering management and oversight including but not limited to progress reporting, schedule development and monitoring, budgetary controls and reviews, project tracking logs and coordination tools, and project closeout process.
• Review and approve billings and pay requests according to established procedures; negotiate proposals and cost analysis for change orders and suppliers purchase orders; research product data.
• Travel to construction sites to observe work in progress; conduct inspections and prepare related reports on work in progress.
• Will train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; will schedule and assign work;
• Arrange, attend and conduct meetings with staff, architects, contractors, planners and others.
• Participate in the development and implementation of goals, work plans, performance measures, and consensus improvement of service delivery to assist in attaining the unit/program/department initiatives and goals, agency core strategies, and mission through a spirit of service, teamwork and respect. Work respectfully and courteously with other employees and work well under pressure.
• Ensure that all safety and health rules, standards and procedures are observed; conduct monthly self-inspections of work areas and practices to eliminate potential hazardous conditions; arrange for, conduct and ensure that accident investigations of all accidents are formally reported on or within the next work day of when the accident occurred; monitor and enforce the agency's Safety and Health Program, and actively support and participate in the Emergency Preparedness program and tasks.
• Review and inspect planned future construction projects and make recommendations.
• Monitor lead-based paint and/or asbestos abatement activities and review sample results.
• Maintain current knowledge of building permit requirements and application procedures; monitor compliance with building safety codes and other related regulations.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
Required Workplace Standards:
• Works regular and reliable hours as required;
• Attendance must be punctual and consistent;
• Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work;
• Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients and other contacts;
• Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures;
• Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate degree or Certificate in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or a closely related field. May substitute an additional two years of relevant work experience for the required degree.
• 10 years construction management experience, including supervisory experience;
• Job-site field experience is preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES:
• Principles, practices and methods related to architecture, building construction laws, rules and regulations including but not limited to: IBC, L&I, OSHA, WISHA, accessibility, building envelope, and hazardous materials codes and permits.
• Methods and procedures of construction projects, estimates, schedules and timelines.
• Construction specification language and terminology.
• Principles and practices of supervision and training.
• Record-keeping and organization techniques.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
• Technical competency in all aspects of multifamily housing construction and maintenance.
• Construction digital technology familiarity including Microsoft Office, Project, Procore, Bluebeam, and/or similar industry standard cloud or desktop based software and applications.
REQUIRED ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
To be successful at the Everett Housing Authority in the Development Department, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Plan, organize and assist in the management and documentation of construction contracts.
• Establish and monitor procedures for coordination of construction contracts and bids.
• Assure compliance with construction project budgetary specifications and established timeline constraints.
• Prepare and write Request for Proposals and Invitations for Bids.
• Communicate with construction project professionals and representatives.
• Maintain current knowledge of building permit requirements and application procedures.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Maintain records and prepare reports.
• Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Meet schedules and timelines.
• Observe legal and defensive driving practices.
• Work respectfully and courteously with staff, residents, and the general public.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid Washington driver's license with fully insurable driving record
• OSHA/WISHA, and similar safety & first aid training & certifications
ADDITIONAL (DESIRABLE) QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of public and private project delivery practices and regulatory regimes
- Knowledge of housing authority procurement practices
- Experience and interest in current construction field & office technologies
- Experience and interest in building envelope and accessibility detailing and compliance
- Experience on large scale capital improvement and rehab projects
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM REQUIRED FUNCTIONS:
CONSTANT (67% - 100%)
Sitting for extended periods of time
Manual dexterity (Left, Right, Both)
Seeing, listening and talking
Arm and hand movement (LRB)
Pushing and pulling 10# (LRB)
Lifting and carrying 10# (LRB)
FREQUENT (34% - 66%)
Fine finger manipulation (LRB)
Walking and standing
Operating foot controls (LRB)
Pushing and pulling 15# (LRB)
Lifting and carrying 15# (LRB)
OCCASIONAL (1% - 33%)
Kneeling and squatting
Reaching above shoulders (LRB)
Bending and stooping
Climbing stairs (1% - 10%)
Walking on uneven surfaces
Turning and twisting at waist
Pushing and Pulling 25# (LRB)
Lifting and carrying 25# (LRB)
The Everett Housing Authority owns, operates and maintains over 1,583 units of housing for seniors, low-income families, families with children experiencing homelessness and special needs populations within the City of Everett. In addition, our strategic plan includes objectives to develop 1,500 housing units by 2030.
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer