Revolutionizing the Consultancy Experience
You're regarded as a top-tier Principal Software Engineer, leading teams in developing custom business applications in the software consulting environment. Your 4+ years of hands-on software development experience with .NET and related technologies, and leading teams have you prepared to make a real impact at Headspring.
Headspring is a software engineering and development consultancy that believes there’s a better way - to build software, work with clients, and do business. And we know finding the better way starts with who we work with.
As Principal Technical Lead .Net Full Stack, you'll establish sound technical approaches for our service delivery teams, leveraging the skills of each team member and delivery group to move them towards a common goal. You'll work in a supportive team environment, ensuring our clients receive the best possible solutions to their toughest software challenges.
By joining Headspring, you will be part of a technical team led by Jimmy Bogard, renowned in the .NET community and author of the book ASP.NET MVC in Action.
What You Bring to Our Team
- 4+ years’ hands-on software development experience with .NET and related technologies, including C#, HTML5, CSS, jQuery, ASP.NET, MVC, web API, EntityFramework, Serilog, psake, and nuget
- Demonstrated experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD using tools such as AzureDevOps, Octopus, or TeamCity
- Proficient with developer productivity and automated refactoring tools such as ReSharper
- Successful prior deployments to cloud IaaS and PaaS deployment models, especially Microsoft Azure App Services, Azure SQL, and Azure Service Fabric
- 3+ years of proven technical leadership in web-based application development teams
- Extensive experience defining technical solutions through the creation of successful application architecture
- Solid understanding and/or hands-on experience with database technologies that include SQL Server
- Proven ability to quickly investigate, learn and deliver technical solutions
- Proven ability to master new development tools
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Ability and desire to learn new business domains for systems as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physical Sciences
Your Role on Our Team
- Lead team in developing custom business applications using C# on Microsoft .NET (mostly .NET Core with ASP.NET Core), combinations of SQL Server, NoSQL persistence, and an array of front-end frameworks - primarily React or Angular
- Act as a technical adviser and coach to the development team, providing day-to-day guidance and mentorship to less experienced personnel
- Provide consulting services in a technical capacity to management and technical staff
- Conduct QA and training activities including team code reviews
- Contribute to complex problem solving
- Assist team members and client stakeholders in locating and resolving complex problems with programs
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded
- Code, test, debug, implement, and document highly complex solutions
- Create appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, code reviews and technical documentation
- Gather information from existing systems, analyze program and time requirements
- Prepare time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers
Benefits of Joining Our Team
Work hard, work well, and enjoy doing it - we'll take care of the rest! Our total compensation package includes competitive salaries, generous PTO, Retirement contribution matching, continuous education stipend, and excellent healthcare coverage with really low premiums. We invest in your career development with the tools and training you need, like our weekly lunch & learn sessions where teammates present on emerging trends in technology, software engineering, and consulting. Our employee referral program is unique too – not only do you receive an excellent monetary bonus when a referral is hired, but we match that bonus amount with a donation to a non-profit organization of your choice, and then we do it all again at their one-year anniversary! At this point you’re likely not surprised to learn that we’ve won a lot of awards for being one of the Best Companies to Work for, but don't take our word for it - check us out on Glassdoor, LinkedIn, and Built in Austin!