The Padre Hotel is looking to immediately hire a qualified, enthusiastic, part time Hotel Security Guard. Located in the bustling Downtown Arts District, Bakersfield’s Historic Padre is a sophisticated boutique hotel with a fine dining restaurant, a hip lounge, nostalgically happening bar, and a beautifully appointed environment for our guests. We are looking for world-class employees who go the extra mile and create the atmosphere that keeps our guests coming back time and time again.
- Minimum two years of combined customer service/security experience preferred.
- Active and valid California Guard Card.
- Active and valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to ensure incident reports are completed accurately and in detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Interpersonal skills to provide overall customer satisfaction.
- Ability to observe customer needs and resolve any and all customer challenges.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees must have flexible availability and be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Example of Duties (this is a sampling and not an all-inclusive list):
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons or in the event of injury.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Retrieve guest vehicles from designated parking lots in the absence of valet attendant.
- Safe operation of customer’s vehicles in accordance with all applicable laws, ordinances and Padre Hotel’s policies.
- Write detailed reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurrences.
- Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Complete all tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Report incidents to manager.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or required by Hotel Manager and General Manager.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you! Please use our on line application system to be considered.
This venue is operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep. In return, we offer competitive wages and caring, attentive management personnel. Employees are eligible for generous discounts at all venues operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep.
The Padre Hotel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Padre Hotel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Padre Hotel utilizes E-Verify to confirm all hired applicants’ right to work in the USA.