East Central College has an opening for Student Success Coordinator at the Rolla location, responsible for providing supervision of Student Success Center staff; provide confidential counseling and related services to assist students at Rolla in selecting and achieving educational and career goals; work with students who are disabled or have documented illness/condition that qualify them for special services within the classroom; responsible for overseeing and delivering student academic support and retention initiatives at Rolla.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Completion of master's degree in counseling; two years Counseling related work experience; experience in working with individuals with disabilities; supervisory experience
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Provide supervision of learning support staff (including student workers) in the Student Success Centers at the Rolla site under the direction of the Director, Rolla.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the procedures and processes of the Student Success Center for the Rolla site and ensure that all activity promotes a professional and student-focused learning environment.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director, Learning Center and Academic Support and the Retention Coordinator to ensure that college wide programming and policies are implemented appropriately in the Student Success Center in Rolla.
- Provide onsite support for students experiencing difficulties through short-term personal counseling and referral to appropriate community and campus resources.
- Recruit, hire, schedule, train, mentor, and evaluate qualified tutors in Math, English, Science, and additional subjects as needed at the Rolla site. Conduct consultations for continuing student workers and track each student tutor’s progress towards certification.
- Oversee outreach efforts to enhance the learning environment and supplemental instructional needs at ECC Rolla, including classroom visits, workshops, and presentations.
- Plan, prepare, and provide onsite coordination for additional services to support the learning environment at ECC Rolla. This may include but is not limited to retention projects and sessions to support Falcon seminar coursework.
- Teach 1 – 2 hours of Falcon Seminar per semester.
- Serve as the onsite contact for Rolla students requesting Access Services and assist with implementation of accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Provide onsite support for Rolla faculty and staff, regarding students with disabilities, Access Services, and ADA.
- Provide crisis intervention services and serve on the ECC Behavioral Intervention Team with ongoing case management at Rolla.
- Monitor Rolla student academic advancement on an ongoing basis and connect students with intervention support services through the use of early intervention processes and Rolla student Success Center services.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum starting salary: $43,923.00
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College's Main Campus is located in Union, MO which is about 60 minutes west of St. Louis. East Central College has satellite locations in Rolla, MO which is about 60 minutes west of the Main Campus. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.