Hatch Stamping is looking to add a few good Tool and Die Makers to our Chelsea, MI location. You will be part of a skilled, hard-working, and tenured crew of Tool and Die Makers and Machinists.
If you welcome the chance to use your training and experience working in the automotive stamping industry to overcome the challenges of troubleshooting progressive and transfer die production issues, preventative maintenance, and continuous improvement, you will succeed with this world leader in highly engineered metal stampings and assemblies.
Come make your mark and grow!
Tool & Die Maintenance Responsibilities:
- Clean, sharpen, and maintain die tooling & machines to support the stamping production area.
- Modify tooling as needed by machining to close tolerances.
- Must be able to fabricate a part using a detailed print or sketch using a mill, grinder, or lathe.
- Suggests and implements machine improvements to increase machine speeds, part quality, and overall productivity of the stamping department.
- Perform preventive maintenance and die conditioning.
- Support stamping production by troubleshooting more complex dies (set up and production).
Hatch is recognized as a world class leader in the design and manufacturing of metal stampings and assemblies. Hatch specializes in design, prototype construction, progressive die construction, stampings and assemblies. Hatch is the automotive stamping and assembly benchmark for innovation, technology, quality, delivery and service. Capabilities include a wide range of progressive and transfer die technology with presses ranging from 100 to 1,200 ton. Hatch also provides a wide range of assembly capabilities which include laser welding, resistance welding, robotic mig welding, robotic and automated component assembly, tapping, staking and orbital peening.