East Central College has an opening for a full-time Facilities and Grounds Technician responsible for performing a variety of general maintenance and repair duties which include electrical, mechanical, carpentry, and construction, as well as grounds work and event setups of college facilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of high school/GED and three years related general maintenance, custodial and grounds maintenance experience.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: (Employee must be able to perform the following functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Inspect buildings, electrical systems, grounds, and equipment to ensure safe, well-maintained conditions, identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Complete maintenance work orders as assigned and in a timely manner.
- Perform basic grounds and landscaping maintenance using power driven tools and equipment, such as mower, edger, power clippers, and vacuum/blower devices.
- Plant, water and maintain landscaped areas consisting of bushes, trees, flowers and shrubs; trim and prune bushes, trees and shrubs.
- Clean assigned facilities (e.g. offices, restrooms, corridors, carpets, windows, walls, classrooms, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe and attractive environment.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms daily which includes floors, fixtures, mirrors, and doors.
- Arrange equipment and furnishings (e.g. furniture arrangements, tables, chairs, bleachers, etc.) for the purpose of providing adequate arrangements for meetings, classroom activities and events.
- Strip, scrub, apply floor finish, buff, and refinish hard surface floors.
- Remove refuse and trash from grounds.
- Assist with snow removal
- Assist with moving loading, unloading and storing supplies, furniture and equipment.
- Perform periodic maintenance of lawn equipment and vehicles.
- Perform minor troubleshooting and repairs; replace light bulbs, ballasts and fuses.
- Assist with preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on HVAC system, changing filters, bearings.
- Identify and perform basic service and repair on plumbing fixtures; open clogged lines and drains.
- Install or replace plugs, switches, outlets.
- Operate a variety of machinery, equipment and tools including saws, router, drills, sanders, planers, drill presses and various hand tools.
- Perform a variety of locksmith duties; install, repair, and replace locks on doors
- Inspect, service, and maintain operational functionality of doors and windows.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
BENEFITS: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
East Central College's Main Campus is located in Union, MO which is about 60 minutes west of St. Louis. East Central College has satellite locations in Rolla, MO which is about 60 minutes west of the Main Campus. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.