Hatch Stamping is looking to add a Maintenance (Press) Technician to our Portland, TN location. You will be part of a skilled, hard-working, and tenured crew of other Technicians & Engineers.
If you welcome the chance to use your training and experience working in the automotive stamping industry to overcome the challenges of troubleshooting progressive and transfer die production issues, preventative maintenance, and continuous improvement, you will succeed with this world leader in highly engineered metal stampings and assemblies.
Hatch Stamping Company is a fast-growing, fast-paced manufacturing facility and a great place to work. Come make your mark and grow!
- Ensure all safety, failsafe, and ergonomic features are functional.
- Mechanical/electrical set up and adjustments of equipment prior to production.
- Performs assigned preventive and scheduled maintenance on all equipment and machinery.
- Corrects equipment stoppage/mechanical breakdowns and repairs/replaces part, motors, control devices, as needed.
- Performs installation, start-up, and tryout of all new manufacturing and plant equipment and systems.
- Fabricate and repair equipment by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Update and keep accurate records of machine programs, maintenance records, safety, and machine performance.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Continuously improve equipment to make it as safe and efficient as possible.
- Prior PLC experience a plus.
- Support production as needed.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in preventative maintenance, mechanical trouble-shooting, hydraulics, plumbing, welding, electrical and PLC’s.
- Some computer skills and software preferred.
- Must be team oriented.
Hatch is recognized as a world class leader in the design and manufacturing of metal stampings and assemblies. Hatch specializes in design, prototype construction, progressive die construction, stampings and assemblies. Hatch is the automotive stamping and assembly benchmark for innovation, technology, quality, delivery and service. Capabilities include a wide range of progressive and transfer die technology with presses ranging from 100 to 1,200 ton. Hatch also provides a wide range of assembly capabilities which include laser welding, resistance welding, robotic mig welding, robotic and automated component assembly, tapping, staking and orbital peening.