Use your experience and educational background in procurement, industrial distribution or supply chain management to begin your career with Hatch Stamping Company, a world leader in highly engineered metal stampings and assemblies. In this role, you will work closely with different departments to understand our full production operation and to collaboratively meet production goals. Success in this role will open many doors for your professional growth. We are committed to hiring, training, and developing the next generation of leaders for Hatch Stamping and we'd like you to be next.
As a Procurement Buyer, you will work with a mentor initially, then both independently and as a team to manage suppliers. Good computer and analytical skills are essential to success. Procurement Buyers must communicate effectively with management, internal customers, engineering, teammates, suppliers, and others on a continual basis. Developing and sharing accurate forecasts based on item lead time, supplier location, and logistics considerations is an important daily function. After an initial training period lasting 8 to 10 weeks, candidates must be able to perform the job functions.
- Issue and manage purchase orders to various suppliers for production and expense-related items.
- Ensure product availability to properly support production intent.
- Forecast suppliers’ capacity to ensure product availability at the lowest landed cost.
- Coordinate efforts of suppliers with engineering to ensure effective communication.
- Manage supplier performance in terms of quality, delivery, pricing, and product offering.
- Work closely with and support internal customers to ensure satisfaction.
- Cross-train with internal Buyers and assist with duties as required.
- Ensure completion of purchasing effort through all steps including receipt and invoice payment.
- Provide accurate and timely delivery information for all items or services purchased.
- Prepare and submit detailed reports as required.
- Embrace and learn relevant new technology as it becomes available.
- Adhere to corporate ISO policies and guidelines.
- Assume additional responsibilities to cover for material control teammates as required.
- Represent Hatch Stamping Company in a professional manner.
- Adherence to all corporate safety procedures is required.
Hatch is recognized as a world class leader in the design and manufacturing of metal stampings and assemblies. Hatch specializes in design, prototype construction, progressive die construction, stampings and assemblies. Hatch is the automotive stamping and assembly benchmark for innovation, technology, quality, delivery and service. Capabilities include a wide range of progressive and transfer die technology with presses ranging from 100 to 1,200 ton. Hatch also provides a wide range of assembly capabilities which include laser welding, resistance welding, robotic mig welding, robotic and automated component assembly, tapping, staking and orbital peening.