Hatch Stamping Company is looking for a safety-minded individual to fill the position of Material Handler in our Portland, TN location. The Material Handler is responsible for stocking production cells with parts and providing support to the Shipping Department.
Join a team that is focused on safety and meeting our production needs with good quality parts to make on time deliveries!
· Using job schedules to determine which jobs to stage and the order in which to stage them.
· Maintain inventory by completing cycle counts.
· Load and unload material from cells as needed and check counters periodically so that materials do not run out during the job runs, or in preparation for the next scheduled job.
· Move parts to designated areas and dispose of scrap in the appropriate scrap bins.
· Keep the material rack area organized and clean.
· Log material correctly in the computer system
Qualifications and Skills
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Forklift Certification
· Time Management
· Safety Management
· Inventory Control
· Data Entry Skills
Hatch is recognized as a world class leader in the design and manufacturing of metal stampings and assemblies. Hatch specializes in design, prototype construction, progressive die construction, stampings and assemblies. Hatch is the automotive stamping and assembly benchmark for innovation, technology, quality, delivery and service. Capabilities include a wide range of progressive and transfer die technology with presses ranging from 100 to 1,200 ton. Hatch also provides a wide range of assembly capabilities which include laser welding, resistance welding, robotic mig welding, robotic and automated component assembly, tapping, staking and orbital peening.