Hatch Stamping Company is looking for a Tool and Die Maker for its Portland, TN location. You will be part of a skilled, hard-working crew of Tool and Die Makers and Machinists.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You will use your training and experience working in the automotive stamping industry to overcome the challenges of troubleshooting progressive and transfer die production issues, preventative maintenance, and continuous improvement with this world leader in highly engineered metal stampings and assemblies.
Tool & Die Maintenance knowledge of Atlas and/or Linear transfer presses is preferred but not required if you have the willingness to learn.
· Perform die repairs at the press and in the tool room.
· Complete preventative maintenance activities on the dies.
· Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electrical/pneumatic systems used in the dies.
· Machining of materials associated with repairs and maintenance of the dies.
Qualifications and Skills
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Journeymen Tool & Die Makers must have 40 college credits and/or 8000 hours on the job experience
· Experience working with progressive and transfer dies (tight tolerances) in a high volume precision metal forming/stamping plant
· Experience troubleshooting progressive and transfer die production issues, preventative maintenance, continuous improvement, etc.
· Must be proficient in reading blueprints, using measurement tools (mics, calipers, dial indications, functional gauges), and standard tool room equipment/machinery (lathe, mill, surface grinder, drill press, etc.) as well as experience working with a variety of steels (hot and cold rolled, high strength, stainless, coated, etc.)
Hatch is recognized as a world class leader in the design and manufacturing of metal stampings and assemblies. Hatch specializes in design, prototype construction, progressive die construction, stampings and assemblies. Hatch is the automotive stamping and assembly benchmark for innovation, technology, quality, delivery and service. Capabilities include a wide range of progressive and transfer die technology with presses ranging from 100 to 1,200 ton. Hatch also provides a wide range of assembly capabilities which include laser welding, resistance welding, robotic mig welding, robotic and automated component assembly, tapping, staking and orbital peening.