Blue & Gold Fleet is the largest ferry and land tour transportation provider serving San Francisco Bay’s commuters, residents and visitors. Blue & Gold Fleet has been widely recognized as a commercial harbor craft environmental leader within the San Francisco Bay region, the State of California and across the US, focusing on water conservation, pollution prevention, and recycling.
Our company is growing and expanding. We are excited to add on new services and continue services for City of Alameda, Port of Oakland, City of Vallejo, and Water Emergency Transportation Authority. With the recent surge in ferry riders and visitors, our company is seeking an experienced and motivated Captain to join the number one excursion and ferry company on the San Francisco Bay. Whether you are looking for adventure on the water or a challenge to steer the channels of the Bay, we have the job for you. The ideal candidate will be detailed-oriented with a strong ability to lead and motivate a team.
Responsible for managing vessel crew and the safety of passengers. Proper operation of United States Costal Guard inspected small passenger vessels including proper start up and shut down of vessel. Ensure the vessel is operationally sound and operated in a safe efficient manner in conjunction with Blue & Gold Fleet Policies and Procedures and those of the USCG. Provide excellent customer service to passengers.
- Ensure crew adherence to safety standards and proper work practice
- Ensure a superior customer experience through courteous interactions and professional appearance
- Operational knowledge of high-speed ferry and 100-ton vessels and including vessel electronics
- Demonstrate vessel operation, start up, tight quarters maneuvering, shut down and mooring
- Accurately maintain vessel logs and reporting documents
- Demonstrate knowledge of:
- response to Control failures, Propulsion failures, navigation equipment failure, MOB, Flooding, E/R Fire, passenger space fire, passenger problem, and medical emergency
- emergency contact list methods and procedures for emergency communications
- regional terminals, landmarks, ATON’s, no wake and speed reduction zones, and other geographic features
- use of VTS
- tide, wind and wave conditions as to adjust course and speed as needed to minimize the effects of wave energy on vessel dynamic motion and pitching
- Maintain a course between waypoints, maintaining pre-determined CPA’s and make in route variation/deviation
Must be able to safely and efficiently multitask and prioritize tasks while engaged in vessel operations
Blue & Gold Fleet is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Blue & Gold Fleet will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For more information visit https://sfgov.org/olse/fair-chance-ordinance-fco.