Salary Range: $3,200 - $3,842 per month, plus benefits
This position will remain open until filled with priority given to applications recieved by 5:00 PM, Tuesday, August 10, 2021.
Looking for an opportunity to work for an organization that really makes a difference in the lives of others? Look no further. We have a great opportunity for a qualified person to become an Accounting Technician.
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we have that as well!
- Accrue up to 12 vacation days in your first year of employment;
- 13 paid sick leave days;
- 12 paid scheduled Holidays plus 1 addition floating holiday per year;
- Medical Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- Long Term Disability Insurance;
- State Retirement Fund;
- Flexible work schedule,
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness Program;
- Tuition reimbursement.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager and other Finance department staff, the Accounting Technician will provide service to the agency by performing accounting and financial tasks related to the business and financial operations of the agency together with and in support of other members of the Finance team. This work will play an important role in accomplishing the Everett Housing Authority’s mission: “The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racism with equity for all.”
REQUIRED FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e., not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards:
1. Works regular and reliable hours on site as required.
2. Attendance must be punctual and consistent.
3. Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work.
4. Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients, and other contacts.
5. Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures.
6. Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Accounts Payable:
• Process and/or review accounts payable according to established procedures including data entry, verifying account coding, opening mail, and distributing checks, statements and correspondence, and handling telephone inquiries.
• Process printed checks for mailing and/or distribution.
• Perform reconciliations of vendor statements.
2. Tenant Accounting:
• Process tenant ACH rents, transfers, and vacates; accounts receivable payments, NSF checks, monetary adjustments, and prepare bank deposits.
• Monitor and troubleshoot tenant ledgers, provide assistance to property management staff and run reports as needed.
• Monitor and reconcile tenant security deposit ledgers and tenant aged receivable ledgers.
• Reconcile monthly bank statements.
• Prepare and maintain financial spreadsheets, schedules and records, perform calculations, analysis, and reconciliations of inventories, fixed assets and other accounts.
• Calculate and create accounting entries.
• Perform data entry, prepare reports, handle filing and records management according to established procedures, and perform other clerical tasks as needed.
• Assist colleagues with other tasks and special projects as needed and provide coverage in their absence.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline and six months of relevant experience.
Associate Degree in Accounting and two years of paid experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, or similar position.
At least five years of paid accounting experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF/SKILL IN:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of auditing practices.
- Principles and methods of effective communication.
- Effectively use Microsoft suite of software programs, proficiency in Excel.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Work independently.
- Read, interpret, apply and adhere to rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain records, archive documents according to regulations, and prepare reports.
- Professionally and tactfully communicate in English both verbally and in writing, including with co-workers, supervisors, directors, other colleagues, clients, and customers.
- Effectively plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
- Establish and maintain respectful, cooperative, and effective working relationships with others.
- Plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively.
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Follow written and verbal directions.
- Learn and apply skills in new software applications as needed.
- Understand and apply laws, rules, and regulations related to assigned activities.
- Uphold the values of the agency and work in support of our mission and strategic plan.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM REQUIRED FUNCTIONS:
CONSTANT- 67% – 100%
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity (Left, Right, Both)
- Hearing and speaking
- Repetitive arm/hand movement (LRB)
- Fine finger manipulation (LRB)
- Pushing and pulling 5# (LRB)
- Lifting and carrying 5# (LRB)
FREQUENT – 34% – 66%
- Walking and standing (LRB)
- Turning and twisting wrist (LRB)
- Grasping (LRB)
- Pushing and Pulling 15# (LRB)
- Lifting and carrying 15# (LRB)
OCCASIONAL 1% - 33%
- Kneeling and squatting
- Bending, stooping and crawling
- Reaching above shoulders
- Operating foot controls (LRB)
- Climbing stairs
- Pushing and pulling 25# (LRB)
- Lifting and carrying 25# (LRB)
REQUIRED PROFICIENCY IN USE OF:
Calculator/adding machine, Postage machine, Telephone and cell phone, LED projector, Online conference software, Computers, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Payroll software, Internet browsers, Adobe Pro, Copier/Printer, Filing/recordkeeping systems, Motor Vehicle
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License or ability to obtain one within 60 days and acceptable driving record.
• Must be bondable for insurance purposes.
• Fair Housing Certification or ability to obtain in the first six months.
ADDITIONAL (DESIRABLE) QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience in government/public sector financial accounting.
• Prior housing authority work experience.
• Prior property management work experience.
• Experience with Yardi or other property management software.
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer