For our agriculture business unit we are looking for a motivated remote Embedded Software Engineer (m/f/d) in Germany to start as soon as possible and help us build a sustainable solution platform for our future growth. And that's where you come in!
About the Company
At Topcon Positioning Group, headquartered in Livermore, California, USA, we design, manufacture and distribute productivity tools for developing a brighter future. Whether cultivating the earth or building upon it, Topcon brings innovation in workflow automation and seamless connectivity of data to construction, geopositioning and agriculture industries focused on developing a sustainable tomorrow.
How you can make an impact
Extraordinary goals require extraordinary people. As a Software Engineer at Topcon, you will write code for embedded systems, develop new features and maintain current systems. This job involves also some travel within Europe, as well as globally, up to 10% of the time.
As a member of a growing team, you will have the support of a highly skilled global team.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Write programming code for embedded systems specific to the agriculture industry
• Implement new features as per agreed specifications
• Create unit tests, documentation and support software when necessary to facilitate development of guidance system software
• Liaise with other Engineering teams when necessary to facilitate development of guidance system software
• Liaise with Original Equipment Manufacturers, testers, dealers and end customers to diagnose faults
• Travel to various locations when necessary to support development of new features or diagnoses of faults
• Liaise with internal and external contacts in order to facilitate development of guidance system software
What you bring to the team
• Bachelor´s or master’s degree in a programming related discipline (or equivalent industry experience)
• Minimum of 2 years professional C++ work experience and working knowledge of embedded system software development
• General Linux knowledge
• CAN bus knowledge, ISO11783, J1939, NMEA2000 preferred
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Time management and organizational skills
We expect you to
• Be autonomous, work on tasks independently and show a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Be proactive and motivated to learn
• Communicate fluently in English
• Enjoy collaboration and be open to feedback
• Be a creative problem solver. Someone who can get things done even when there's no immediate obvious answer or process for how to do them, and who takes the responsibility for delivering
• Own strong analytical skills and a strong problem-solving attitude
• Play well with others
• Experience in the agriculture or the off-highway industries (mining, forestry, construction)
• Experience with scripting languages /e.g. Python or Perl)
• Experience with GNSS and control systems and concepts (inertial sensors, actuators, etc.)
WHAT TO EXPECT
• Highly talented team to work with in a global environment
• A culture geared towards innovation and experimentation
• State of the art technology for the agriculture industry
• Remote work from one of the countries Topcon has presence in, such as: Germany, the UK, Italy, Spain, France, Belgium or the Netherlands
We are Topcon. We collaborate, create and distribute disruptive technologies that help businesses flourish through improved processes, machine automation and data services.
We design and manufacture productivity tools for building a better future. Whether cultivating the earth or building upon it, Topcon brings innovation in workflow automation and seamless connectivity of data to infrastructure and agriculture industries with a focus on developing a sustainable tomorrow.