Starting Salary Range: $4,589 - $5,736 DOE per month plus benefits
This position will remain open until filled with priority given to applications received by 5:00 PM, Friday, August 13, 2021.
Everett Housing Authority Mission Statement: The Everett Housing Authority creates affordable housing, fosters healthy communities where households thrive, and replaces systemic racisim with equity for all.
Looking for an opportunity to work for an organization that really makes a difference in the lives of others? Look no further. We have a great opportunity for a qualified person to become an HR/Payroll Specialist.
If you’re looking for a great benefits package we have that as well!
- Accrue up to 12 vacation days in your first year of employment;
- 13 paid sick leave days;
- 12 paid scheduled Holidays plus 1 additional floating holiday per year;
- Medical Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Life Insurance;
- Long Term Disability Insurance;
- State Retirement Fund;
- Flexible work schedule,
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Wellness Program;
- Tuition reimbursement.
SCOPE OF WORK:
This position performs various administrative tasks, data entry, and filing for Human Resources. This position also provides assistance with new hire orientation, recruitment, trainings, and other HR related duties for the Human Resources Department including special projects. In addition, this position processes the payroll for the agency and performs a variety of tasks in support of the Finance/Administrative function.
REQUIRED STANDARDS AND FUNCTIONS
The following duties are illustrative only (i.e. not all inclusive)
Required Workplace Standards:
1. Works regular and reliable hours on site as required;
2. Attendance must be punctual and consistent;
3. Works an agreed-upon schedule and works additional hours as necessary to complete work;
4. Works effectively, cooperatively and respectfully with co-workers, clients and other contacts;
5. Follows all EHA Safety Policies and Procedures;
6. Follows all EHA Personnel Policies and Procedures;
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Works with the Human Resources Department on special projects;
2. Assists the Human Resources Business Partner with all employee files including regular, confidential, and medical files;
3. Logs and tracks Workers’ Comp leaves, FMLA sick leave and vacation usage to ensure compliance with policies and regulations;
4. Balances medical, dental, life insurances, and union dues;
5. Assists with scheduling and tracking of training;
6. Support HR Business Partner with new employee orientations; ensures employees complete all necessary paperwork for medical, dental, life, and PERS requirements;
7. Assists with creating and maintaining employee, medical and confidential files according to State and Federal laws;
8. Revises and updates job descriptions as necessary to ensure accuracy and compliance with current regulations;
9. Assists with setting up and maintaining job vacancy/selection folders according to State and Federal laws;
10. In conjunction with HR Business Partner compose and post job openings online and on company website;
11. Assists with reviewing candidates and providing feedback to HR BP;
12. Contacts applicants to set up testing and interview schedules;
13. Assists with reference checking and preparing reference reports for Hiring Managers;
14. Assists with criminal background of new employees according to legal requirements;
15. Sends notifications to unsuccessful applicants;
16. Assists HR Business Partner with exit interviews;
17. Completes typing and filing tasks;
18. Assists with large mailings;
19. Completes photo copying projects as assigned.
20. Assist with the Preventing Sexual Harassment Training and other trainings;
21. Updates employee contact information on website including add new employees and remove terminated employees;
22. Assist with personnel and policy updates;
23. Support wellness program by helping implement new activities and challenges.
1. Prepares all payroll tax and benefit deductions such as United Way, FICA, Medicare, withholding tax, PERS, and deferred compensation for remittance;
2. Manage all online timesheets, providing support to staff throughout the pay period;
3. Prepares and distributes payroll cut-off reminders;
4. Prepares and inputs all new or terminated employees into computerized database;
5. Calculates and inputs all payroll benefits, salary, and employment status changes;
6. Verifies all timesheets, enters data, and processes the payroll;
7. Verifies all output including direct deposit amounts for transfer;
8. Reviews for accuracy all monthly, quarterly and annual payroll reports to include PERS, Deferred Comp, 941, L & I, unemployment and W-2s;
9. Updates deductions and pay codes in Paylocity as needed.
1. Assists Deputy Director of Finance on special projects to include annual budget preparation, payroll, benefits, and special account analyses;
2. Assists other finance department employees as needed;
3. Copies, files and shreds documents as needed;
4. Assists with accounting department large mailings;
5. Performs data entry as needed;
6. Collects and organizes data.
Training Material Development Function:
1. Develop e-learning course materials for mandatory training related to EHA Personnel Policies, e.g., EHA
2. Develop e-learning course material for entry-level positions in Housing Management and Housing Choice Vouchers
3. Develop e-learning materials to replace some of the orientation content provided to new employees.
4. Learn and implement Yardi e-learning platform as a means of distribution, scheduling and documenting employee training.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS\
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BA degree PLUS three to five years paid computer experience and experience in processing payroll.
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE OF/SKILL IN:
- Excellent composition, grammar, spelling and math skills;
- Keyboarding level of 45 WPM;
- Knowledge of computer software including spreadsheets, databases, MS Word and MS Excel;
- Skill in use of computers data entry and composing correspondence;
- Knowledge of payroll processing;
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles;
- Filing skills, regular and electronic;
- Ability to accurately utilize the Mail Merge function of Microsoft Office.
REQUIRED ABILITY TO:
- Manage time and tasks efficiently with limited supervision;
- Speak and understand English and follow oral and written directions accurately;
- Perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages;
- Develop letters, memoranda and reports using grammatically correct English;
- Drive a vehicle safely and legally;
- Utilize various office machines;
- Prepare payroll documents and other reports.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM REQUIRED FUNCTIONS:
CONSTANT - 67% - 100%
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity (Left, Right, Both)
- Pushing and pulling 5# (LRB)
- Lifting and carrying 5# (LRB)
- Repetitive arm/hand movement (LRB)
- Hearing and speaking
- Fine finger manipulation (LRB)
FREQUENT - 34% - 66%
- Turning and twisting wrist (LRB)
- Lifting and carrying 15# (LRB)
- Pushing and Pulling 15# (LRB)
- Grasping (LRB)
OCCASIONAL - 1% - 33%
- Kneeling and squatting
- Pushing and pulling 20# (LRB)
- Bending and stooping
- Lifting and carrying 20# (LRB)
- Reaching above shoulders(LRB)
- Operating foot controls (LRB)
- Climbing stairs
REQUIRED PROFICIENCY IN USE OF:
Calculator, 10 key, Fax Machine, Telephone and cell phone, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Manual stapler, Binding machine, Desktop Computer, File Cabinets, Motor Vehicle, MS Word, File Folders, Computer, Keyboarding, Copy Machines, Writing Instruments, Printer, MS Excel, Clipboard, Manual 3-hole punch, Scanner
REQUIRED LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be bondable for insurance purposes;
- Valid Washington State Driver's license and acceptable driving record;
- Fair housing Certification or ability to obtain in the first six months.
ADDITIONAL (DESIRABLE) QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior government work experience;
- Educational background in basic accounting;
- Prior Human Resources experience or schooling;
- Human Resources Certification (PHR or SHRM-CP)
- Experience with Paylocity
The Everett Housing Authority is a progressive agency pursuing its mission with great passion and a high level of professionalism and competence. EHA seeks passionate and optimistic individuals to join our team of highly engaged and satisfied employees committed to assisting those for whom stable and affordable housing is a challenge. EHA’s work has been recognized nationally with awards from NAHRO and Nan McKay. Most recently, EHA received NAHRO’s National Awards of Merit for a fully accessible community garden open to public housing residents and members of the surrounding community and for highly creative financing to convert 333 public housing units to project-based Housing Choice Vouchers and improve these properties with over $20 million in renovations. In addition, EHA received a NAHRO’s National Award of Excellence for a new 20-unit development serving survivors of domestic violence.
Members of our team are rewarded with meaningful work, competitive compensation, employee-friendly policies, a team environment, great benefits, and promotion and bonus opportunities. Please consider joining our team in pursuit of the exciting challenge of meeting the affordable housing needs of Everett and Snohomish County.
The Everett Housing Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer