East Central College has an opening for Wellness Navigator (Social Worker) at the Union campus, responsible for providing assistance through supportive services for students emotional and physical wellbeing during their East Central College experience. The navigator will act as a liaison support service from several areas of the college and the community.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Bachelor’s degree in social work; Adherence to the NASW Code of Ethics and the NASW Standards for Continuing Professional Education Preferred: Current state BSW-level license or an ASWB BSW-level exam passing score.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Work with students to assess personal and / or family needs that support or inhibit their student success.
- Determine participation barriers that prevent students from beginning and persisting at ECC.
- Implement dimension of wellness inventories to determine areas that students need the most support and / or education.
- Assessing students’ emotional and psychosocial issues, such as substance abuse, eating disorders, support systems and/or physical functioning.
- Provide resources and education for faculty regarding vulnerable populations and cultural diversity into course materials.
- Work in cooperation with other departments and the community to support their progression as a students.
- Build relationships with outside agencies that can assist with holistic wellness, including but not limited to WIOA Youth/Adult, vocational rehabilitation, Family and Social Services, and Community Action Agencies.
- Co-Coordinate the work with the Connections to Success Program.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, and other related duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum Starting Salary: $39,930.00
View Salary Schedule here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College's Main Campus is located in Union, MO which is about 60 minutes west of St. Louis. East Central College has satellite locations in Rolla, MO which is about 60 minutes west of the Main Campus. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.