East Central College has an opening for an Occupational Navigator (Career Advising) at the Union campus, responsible for providing comprehensive career advising to guide students toward the completion of additional credentials, certificates, and degrees in high demand occupations in the ECC service region and assist with job search activities.ison support service from several areas of the college and the community.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
Bachelor's degree and two years related work experience.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Provide career exploration and advisement services to prospective and current students.
- Work with students to complete career inventories to help to determine different occupational paths and opportunities.
- Engage students in standard job search activities such as resume building, setting personal and professional development goals, and job interview preparations.
- Provide students with developmental opportunities that will improve their financial literacy, and the impact of degree completion on their financial future.
- Build and maintain relationships with area career centers, chambers of commerce, employers and other agencies to facilitate the referral and employment of career and technical students.
- Work in cooperation with other departments and the community to enhance employment opportunities for students.
- Attend Career and Technical program advisory committee meetings as appropriate.
- Build relationships with outside agencies that can assist with the career navigation process, including but not limited to WIOA Youth/Adult, vocational rehabilitation, Missouri Career Center, jobs.MO.gov
- Co-Coordinate the work with the Connections to Success Program.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, and other related duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits.
Minimum Starting Salary: $33,000
View Salary Schedule here.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College's Main Campus is located in Union, MO which is about 60 minutes west of St. Louis. East Central College has satellite locations in Rolla, MO which is about 60 minutes west of the Main Campus. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.