- Sets up CNC Press Brake (computer numerical control machine) for the purpose of bending, cutting, shaping or forming material by following specifications placed on a work order, blueprint or drawing. Tasks may include assembling cutting tools in tool holders and positioning tool holders in machine as specified, using hand tools, and measuring instruments, or inserting forming tools in specified machine tool holders.
- Reads work orders, blueprints, or drawings to determine set up procedure, machine sequence, and dimensions of finished product. Tasks may include prioritizing steps and collecting material.
- Produces parts per specifications. Tasks may include listening to the machine operation to detect malfunctions, manipulating controls and entering commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine, changing cutting tools and location of product during machine process as specified in set up instructions.
- Loads control media such as a disk, tape or punch card for the purpose of manufacturing product by machine control console. Tasks may include entering commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from database.
- Measures, marks, and verifies dimensions on parts and materials for the purpose of completing procedures and inspecting the quality of parts. Tasks may include reading a variety of precision measuring instruments and matching to documented specifications. Instruments may include calipers, micrometers, Statistical Process Control (SPC), height gauges, and gauge blocks.
- Other tasks as assigned or necessary
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- High school education or the equivalent, required.
- 2 years of CNC Press Brake experience, required
- Basic math skills with ability to read tape measure.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and product specifications.
BMC benefits include vacation, PTO, medical and dental insurance, life insurance, STD, LTD, incentive bonus.
As the industry-leading manufacturer of magnetic technology products, Bunting Magnetics Co. has developed precision magnetic products for the worldwide printing, automotive, plastics, food, electronics, pharmaceutical and recycling industries for more than 50 years. Our family-owned group of companies manufactures products which serve global markets and include a broad range of magnetic materials and components, magnetic separation systems, material handling equipment, metal detection equipment, magnetic cylinders, bonded magnets, and assemblies.