Reporting to the Project Manager or SVP Construction and Project Management, the Construction Manager is responsible to manage construction activities for the implementation of various distributed energy resource projects including combined heat & power (CHP), fuel cells, energy storage, solar & geothermal technologies for our customers.
The role will be primarily focused at customer project sites in either northern CA (SFO/Sacramento area) or southern CA (LA/Riverside area). Candidates will be assigned to projects in either area based upon their primary residential location.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee various aspects of construction projects from planning to completion
- Monitor construction schedules and update progress accordingly
- Coordinate subcontractor and supplier activities and schedules in the field
- Manage onsite construction to ensure compliance with applicable scope, construction specs, codes and safety regulations
- Coordinate and resolve RFIs between contractors and customers
- Prepare and maintain job status reports
- Manage the onsite relationship with the client and other project stakeholders
- Create and maintain project documentation
- Maintain effective relationships with customers, partners, suppliers and subcontractors
- Min 5 years in construction management experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in construction management or related
- Familiarity with energy related construction preferably with distributed energy resource technologies, including combined heat & power, fuel cells, energy storage, and microgrids
- Proven experience effectively managing various aspects of construction, including managing scope, budget, schedule, and permitting
- Proactive problem solving approach with an eye towards risk management / mitigation
- Comfortable in client-facing situations
- Ability to work in small teams within a faced-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and MS Project
Endurant Energy Overview
Endurant Energy’s vision is to be the leading provider of microgrid and distributed energy resources in North America. Through initial feasibility to design, installation, financing, operations and long-term maintenance, we are unique in our range and depth of skills and have a demonstrated track record of success. We are poised to accelerate the growth of the company by delivering compelling and creative solutions to customers that demand energy resiliency, reliability, low carbon footprints and an economic value proposition.
Electric utilities are facing two significant challenges that reduce reliability: climate change; and under-investment in infrastructure. From storm events in the Northeast to fires in California, the electric grid has become less reliable, exposing ratepayers to more frequent electric outages and of longer durations. The next big challenge and opportunity in transforming the electric grid is the deployment of DERs and microgrids that can provide energy savings to customers during blue sky conditions and offer a reliable supply of electricity when the grid is unavailable.