East Central College has an opening for a part-time Food Services Associate responsible for performing a variety of duties related to customer service, food preparation and food service; maintain food service facility in a clean and sanitary condition.
This is a part-time position not to exceed 19.75 hours per week; tentative schedule is Monday - Thursday 10:30am - 3:30pm.
QUALIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Completion of High School Diploma/GED plus 6 months related work experience required.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of basic food preparation, sanitation and safety practices related to cooking and serving food preferred.
ESSENTIAL TASKS: Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.
- Provide friendly service to students, employees, and visitors.
- Assemble, clean and prepare a variety of food items such as fruits and vegetables; make salads and prepare fruit cups.
- Wash, dry, clean and store dishes, pots, pans, utensils, trays and other kitchen equipment; maintain work and serving areas in a sanitary manner.
- Serve food to students and staff; receive money and make change; assist with counting money at the end of the day as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, sanitary and organized kitchen.
- Operate a variety of kitchen equipment including mixer, dishwasher, slicer, ovens, grill, steamer, fryer, beverage dispensers and other equipment in a safe manner.
- Perform cashiering duties as needed.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Minimum starting hourly rate: $10.35 hour.
East Central College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.