The human resource generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, benefits management, payroll processing, new hire and onboarding, and training.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential job functions are not limited to the following:
1. Maintains and forwards all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
2. Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
3. Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
4. Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews and verifies applications, sets up interviews).
5. Acts as an employee relations specialist.
6. Monitors tardiness or absenteeism. Reports call ins on a daily basis. Reports vacation, sick, personal time off and holiday pay through Inspire.
7. Monitors employee shift schedules, assists supervisors in making necessary changes to shifts, departments, etc.
8. Oversees employee eligibility for benefits plans. Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Organizes and helps assist in annual open enrollment.
9. Assists in monthly training modules for employees.
10. Conducts new hire paperwork and orientation.
11. Compiles and records employee time and payroll data on a weekly basis. Completes hourly rate changes, department changes, back pay issues, and all other payroll related tasks.
12. Assist in other office clerical duties such as scheduling and driver paperwork as needed.
1. Ability to multi task
2. Strong communication skills in English and Spanish
3. Ethical Conduct
4. Cultural Awareness
5. HR Expertise
6. Detail Oriented
7. Relationship management
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Betterway products has been an innovator of manufacturing fiberglass light-weight solid surface materials for more than 20 years. Today we enjoy a reputation of high quality, on-time delivery for all of our customers whether we are manufacturing one piece small parts or we are manufacturing and then assembling complete OEM assemblies. Known as the “go-to” company for problem issues, we are innovators that not only think out side the box – we find that we spend most of our time there as well. Whether it is building molds as large as 40 feet long, or incorporating our 7 axis CAD robots in a project, we can insure our customers that we are capable and ready to tackle any job.