Would you like the exhilarating opportunity to be the lead product owner for an agile software team who develops quality reusable software used for agricultural, forestry, and construction industries? We provide a high-tech, challenging, and productive work environment while still retaining a small business atmosphere. DISTek is a company that upholds family values and common sense - two things that we believe will always carry us through the exciting challenges and opportunities we face. If you are motivated by the challenge to develop unique technology, seek a continuous learning environment, and are willing to enthusiastically contribute to our ongoing success, then please read on.
We are hiring a Product Owner (PO) who will be a member of an Agile engineering team for our Cedar Falls, IA location. As a PO, you will be responsible for defining stories and iterations for the Agile team and facilitating meetings with engineering leadership, clients, and your team. With your experience in project management and Agile methodologies, you will create and maintain the product backlog and assure deliverables are prioritized and executed within the project timeline. With your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will support your team by looking at the overall vision of projects and deciding what the high-level features and milestones will be to assure overall company success.
- Create and maintain the Product Backlog, including the continuous process of breaking down high-level feature descriptions into user stories
- Own and run Agile meetings with the team and client, including product demos, retrospectives, and planning
- Own and communicate project progress/status to stakeholders
- Engage with management, clients, and team throughout the project to maintain awareness of product vision and business needs
- Assist leadership to identify team skills needed to meet project objectives, manage conflicts within the team and provide ongoing feedback on team performance
- Understand scope of the project and assist team with decision-making and planning PI’s
- Recognize and help remove roadblocks
- Create a culture of ownership and team accountability
- Engage and commit to the success of the team and delivering frequent value to clients
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2-year technical degree or work equivalency
- Project management or Agile Product Owner experience
- Experience working on an Agile engineering team
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience managing clients and stakeholder expectations
- 4-year degree (engineering, computer science, business etc.)
- Experience working with Agile project management tools
- Strong MS office knowledge
- Experience with software development projects
- Agile certification or ability to achieve it
- Familiarity with off-highway vehicles (Ag, Construction, Mining, Military i.e.)
As an employee-owned and operated company at DISTek Integration, we provide the best total solution to solve our clients’ biggest challenges in the software development lifecycle of electronic control systems found in mobile equipment within industries such as agriculture, construction, and mining. We partner with our clients to design smarter, safer, and more sophisticated machines and their electronics systems. As experts in our core competencies of Modeling & Simulation, Embedded Software Development, and SIL/HIL simulators, we pride ourselves in delivering innovative solutions to complex problems targeting the off-highway vehicle market. With several offices throughout the upper Midwest area, we can support our clients throughout the United States as well as those all over the globe.