Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Will work autonomously in engineering and production to gather, analyze, and summarize recommendations for machine shop efficiency. Responsible for programming and set-up of existing equipment along with developing a plan to modernize the machine shop methods, equipment, and facility.
- Ensure activities are consistent with company safety, quality, and business guidelines.
- Gather, analyze, summarize, and lead improvements to machine shop flow, efficiency, and capacity.
- Create NC programs for a variety of machines that manufacture moderate to complex cylindrical components and tooling fixtures.
- Plan, create, verify, distribute, and revise data for operations.
- Interpret drawings to create programs for machining, work holding, cutter selections, cutting speeds and feeds to ensure parts are manufactured to drawing and quality specifications.
- Creates technical documents for set-ups and reports.
- Provie daily shop support for program optimization, problem solving, and process improvements.
- Develop training to
- enhance personnel skills and knowledge.
- Establish metrics for continuous improvement.
- Work with production supervisors and other personnel as needed.
- Review design documents and shop routers prior to production releas
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Strong mechanical skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- 5+ years in hands-on CNC Machining
- 2+ years CNC programming 3-axis, 4-axis, and 5-axis (Mill/Turn Preferred)
- Knowledge of modern cutting techniques as well as advanced toolpath strategies and the ability to leverage 5 axis mill/turn effectively
- Comfortable in a shop-floor environment working with production personnel
- Ability to initiate, establish priorities, work independently, and take responsibility for completing assignments within given deadlines
As the industry-leading manufacturer of magnetic technology products, Bunting has developed precision magnetic products for the worldwide printing, automotive, plastics, food, electronics, pharmaceutical and recycling industries for more than 50 years. Our family-owned group of companies manufactures products which serve global markets and include a broad range of magnetic materials and components, magnetic separation systems, material handling equipment, metal detection equipment, magnetic cylinders, bonded magnets, and assemblies.