The Padre Hotel is looking to immediately hire qualified, enthusiastic, part-time Night Audit Agents. We are looking for world-class employees who go the extra mile and create the atmosphere that keeps our guests coming back time and time again.
Located in the bustling Downtown Arts District, Bakersfield’s Historic Padre Hotel is proudly the only Four Diamond hotel in Kern County. Our property offers distinct entertainment venues including a fine dining restaurant, a hip night club, a nostalgically happening bar, and a bustling outdoor bar and lounge, all within a beautifully appointed environment for our guests.
- 1 – 2 years of hotel/front desk experience required.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and Gmail. Experience with hotel reservation systems preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods and seasons.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Flexible schedule **Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company**
Example of Duties (this is a sampling and not an all-inclusive list):
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
- Ensure that any outstanding requests or problems from the previous shift receive priority and are resolved.
- Identify and explain room features to guests; supply guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest.
- Process all guest requests and relay messages.
- Activate and file room keys.
- Verify and adjust billing to guest folios when needed.
- Secure payment from guests.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests and deliver to appropriate department.
- Count bank at beginning and end of shift; secure bank.
- Process all payment types, adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges; provide change.
- Answer phone calls and assist guests with a variety of requests.
- Create, modify, and cancel reservations upon confirmation with a guest.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Hotel Manager and General Manager.
This venue is operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep. In return, we offer competitive wages and caring, attentive management personnel. Employees are eligible for generous discounts at all venues operated by Eat.Drink.Sleep.
The Padre Hotel provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Padre Hotel complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Padre Hotel utilizes E-Verify to confirm all hired applicants’ right to work in the USA.