You are a motivated, customer savvy, proposal engineer with experience developing, estimating and quoting custom automation and robotic systems. You want a role that will keep you interested and engaged with state-of-the-art product engineering and complex challenges to overcome. You seek an opportunity to develop your skills and learn how to interact with customers and product management. The Proposal Engineer role at Hatch Stamping in Chelsea, MI, offers a unique challenge to be involved in programs and projects for a group of Hatch Stamping products during all phases of the gate process. As a proposal engineer, you will be exposed to many aspects of the business with plenty of options for personal career growth.
Located in Chelsea, MI, this proposal engineer will work directly with customers to understand their processes and develop the best solutions for their requirements, work with sales team to professionally represent the company at a customer, gather data, and ask the right questions to define a project and work with engineers and designers to develop and quote cost-effective solutions. As a Proposal Engineer, you will use your background to recognize and understand the customer’s needs, make suggestions for possible solutions, and quickly develop budgetary numbers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering-related discipline (e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering, etc.).
- Technical aptitude is required – candidates must be proficient with the usage of MS Office, Visio, and basic 3D CAD. Familiarity with control systems, robotics, high volume manufacturing, LEAN Concepts a plus.
- Strong Technical Writing Skills
- Use of NX, UG, and/or Visi 3D modeling software.
- Ability to learn quickly when faced with new problems
Hatch is recognized as a world class leader in the design and manufacturing of metal stampings and assemblies. Hatch specializes in design, prototype construction, progressive die construction, stampings and assemblies. Hatch is the automotive stamping and assembly benchmark for innovation, technology, quality, delivery and service. Capabilities include a wide range of progressive and transfer die technology with presses ranging from 100 to 1,200 ton. Hatch also provides a wide range of assembly capabilities which include laser welding, resistance welding, robotic mig welding, robotic and automated component assembly, tapping, staking and orbital peening.