Are you interested in working for a mission-driven organization? We build, own, and manage affordable housing in the City of Boulder, bringing together staff and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to accomplish a common goal.
The person in this position must have excellent customer service skills, be very detail oriented, and have the ability to work with confidential data.
BHP is a PERA employer and offers great public employee retirement benefits, health and wellness benefits, work-life balance, and flexible schedules.
This position is a ¾ position (~30 hours/week)
OVERALL JOB OBJECTIVE:
Under general supervision, 2/3 of this position (approximately 20 hours per week) will be spent helping the Director of HR with administrative tasks related to personnel functions, 1/3 or this position (approximately 10 hours per week) will be spent helping the payroll specialist with benefits reconciliations and vendor notifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aid in the recruiting process including posting jobs, contacting candidates, and scheduling interviews.
- Keep website updated with current job opportunities.
- Enroll new hires and makes changes in all benefit and wellness vendor portals.
- Keep employee electronic files updated.
- File all I-9 information electronically and in paper form.
- Enter COBRA notifications for new hires and terminated employees. Track COBRA and verify enrollment with vendors.
- Reconcile payroll benefit invoices to payroll and correct errors.
- Contact benefit vendors for invoice fixes and communicate with Payroll Specialist for any adjustments that need to be made in payroll.
- Keep track of cash activities related to benefits and post journal entries to cash when they are processed.
- Update pingboard (electronic organizational chart) with all new hire information and any personnel changes.
- Verify all new hires on PERA Stars prior to first day.
- Complete verifications of employment forms.
- Compile all necessary FMLA paperwork and keep track of hours.
- Aid with Long-term disability claim administration.
- Aid with Worker’s Compensation claim administration.
- Keep new employee orientation books on hand and updated.
- Help with BHP’s organizational overview presentation.
- Keep job descriptions updated and help writing job descriptions for new positions.
- Aid in Handbook review and provide suggestions.
- Send out wellness reimbursement reminders.
- Set up PERA reminders and send out PERA webinar info.
- Track Gift Cards for wellness reimbursements.
- Keeping track of incoming mail for the payroll specialist and scanning/emailing all correspondence.
- Perform related duties as required by management to meet the needs of BHP.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and integrity; provide excellent customer services to internal and external customers; listen to questions and concerns, evaluate issues and possible solutions, work collaboratively with the Boulder Housing Partners team to address systemic problems; inspire confidence and respect; use feedback from others to grow and develop.
- Take proper safety precautions, anticipate unsafe circumstances, and act accordingly to prevent accidents. Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and equipment. Use all required safety equipment and follow all safety regulations, policies and procedures. Report all accidents and damage to BHP property.
- Actively support and uphold the BHP’s stated mission and values. Optimize the use of resources; responsible for knowing and complying with all BHP policies; participate in professional trainings and development; and adhere to attendance and workplace attire policies.
Boulder Housing Partners is committed to hiring employees who provide excellent customer service. Our employees communicate courteously and responsively with the public and co-workers, are sensitive to diversity issues provide effective and efficient service to the public and co-workers and act with a high level of integrity and take responsibility for their words and actions.
(1) TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of HR
Hiring Range: $23-$27/hour DOQ
Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or related field or 3-4 years of experience in related field. Demonstrated ability to work with confidential data and to perform detail-oriented work. Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills. Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse people in an organizational context. Attention to detail. Ability to work independently, take initiative, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision. Ability to perform general mathematical calculations using Excel, operate office equipment, and maintain accurate filing systems. Demonstrated time management and organizational skills. Experience handling several issues and assignments at once, willingness and ability to be flexible with a variety of functions and timing, maintains a positive attitude and reflects the values of excellent customer service, professionalism, and teamwork. Acceptable background information, including criminal history.
Physical Demands: This position works in an office setting. In the office it is primarily sedentary physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 20 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking, bending over (to file) and standing; frequent hand/eye coordination and finger dexterity to operate personal computer and office equipment; vision for reading, recording and interpreting information; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and customers.
Work Environment: Works in clean, comfortable environment in the office.
Equipment Used: Frequently uses standard office equipment including personal computers, scanners, calculators, printers, shredder machine, electronic date stamp, telephones, fax and copy machines.
BHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Founded in 1966, Boulder Housing Partners (BHP) is known for creative and award-winning approaches. BHP’s goal is to make living in Boulder possible and affordable, regardless of income. We are committed to fostering a healthy sense of community in every property we develop. We are an inclusive organization that operates creatively, decisively, and effectively, with strong and consistent values and an understanding that housing is as much about people as it is about place. We build, own and manage 33% of the total inventory of affordable housing in Boulder, making a strong contribution to City Council's goal that 10% of all housing is permanently affordable.
Our commitment to the organizational stewardship of assets involves fostering a caring and supportive work environment for our most valuable asset - our employees. We realize that our mission can only be realized with a team of dedicated and passionate people. BHP provides professional development opportunities as well as a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays and personal days, as well as retirement benefits. Our culture promotes work-life balance and opportunities to engage in healthy lifestyle activities.
What it’s like to work with us: If your goal is to help build diverse and inclusive communities by providing homes, creating community and changing lives, consider joining us at BHP. We know our employees are our most important resource, in addition to rewarding and meaningful work we enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision health plans
- Retirement benefits that includes PERA defined benefit plan plus 401k and 457 plans
- Paid life insurance
- Employee wellness program
- Long term disability
- 13 paid holidays per year plus vacation and sick leave
- Excellent work-life programs, such as flexible schedules, training opportunities, and more